Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
AMP Racing Member
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently turned 42 and still benching the same as when I was 25...315 for a triple. Strict. I am 10 lbs heavier so I guess pound for pound I'm not as strong.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,167 Posts
I USE THOSE GIRLY MACHINES

·
Registered
13,277 Posts
42 aint old punk...:)

·
Regulator
35,782 Posts
Got a wrought iron one and a wood one!!!

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
I'm 48 I just had surgery about 7 months ago so I'm building back up yet again. Last night did 285 on the smith bench. I want to see 350 before the new year.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
I can lift 3 dishes at a time to put them in the cabinet. Anything more than that & I risk damage...to me & the dishes :D

Seriously.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
I can lift 3 dishes at a time to put them in the cabinet. Anything more than that & I risk damage...to me & the dishes :D

Seriously.
That would funny...if it weren't true :(,,,TLW

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't max. So I really don't know..I do know that I do three sets of 225# 10x without a spotter..I suppose I could flex 300 once if I tried..
When I was a young punk..in High School ( 42 now) we had this old timer who was the football coach who was the classic piece of jarhead you see in movies...I literally would see him jogging everyday..even in the snow..anyway he taught me something that stayed with me my whole life.
We had a few big guys on the team that would get hung up on max bench..these guys were huge and what would be considered fat by todays standards of what we know about conditioning. They were all killing themselves trying to be the first ones to bust 400# up cleanly on the flat bench. They were coming in and stretching a few times..and then maxing out on the bench. Not really doing much else after that either...lol..Coach comes over to us and says " would you rather hit someone extremely hard one time or would you rather hit them really hard for the whole game?"...we all said hit them hard the whole game...
At that point I realized that working out with your body weight will condition you better than trying to lift 1.5x your weight once or twice.

·
for President!
2,039 Posts
I don't max. So I really don't know..I do know that I do three sets of 225# 10x without a spotter..I suppose I could flex 300 once if I tried..
When I was a young punk..in High School ( 42 now) we had this old timer who was the football coach who was the classic piece of jarhead you see in movies...I literally would see him jogging everyday..even in the snow..anyway he taught me something that stayed with me my whole life.
We had a few big guys on the team that would get hung up on max bench..these guys were huge and what would be considered fat by todays standards of what we know about conditioning. They were all killing themselves trying to be the first ones to bust 400# up cleanly on the flat bench. They were coming in and stretching a few times..and then maxing out on the bench. Not really doing much else after that either...lol..Coach comes over to us and says " would you rather hit someone extremely hard one time or would you rather hit them really hard for the whole game?"...we all said hit them hard the whole game...
At that point I realized that working out with your body weight will condition you better than trying to lift 1.5x your weight once or twice.
^^^This.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm 44 and Still bench 405 for 3-4 incline....last year when bulking i was benching 505 flat for a few. But i tell ya ..as i get older the little injuries turn into big ones quick. Been Bodybuilding for 8 years now ..wish i would have started younger tho !!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts