Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33310 Posts

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at another site, and it gave me an idea. Let's post up our old Drag race photos from the 50's, 60's and 70's. I'm sure some of you have some pretty cool old car photos from "back in the day". Let's see what you all have stashed away.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Here's a picture of my 1962 Ford 406 that was taken at shadyside dragway in 1962 when it was dirt. I was racing a 409 chevrolet in this picture. not only was I in front of him, but I won the race. It was alot of fun racing back then when everything was simple.

·
El-conquistador, sir
17,424 Posts
When I first came to this board I tested the waters on T.O.B.T. and it failed because most come here to joke around, stir up shit, or unwind. Then someone mentioned the drag racing section for my thread. Its more of a serious tone over there, and I never really wandered there, good information there, It was welcome over there and has 31 pages. Heres a link to it, or you can try another here but it will not last.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425234&highlight=old+drag+photos

·
Registered
19,282 Posts
i have some from back in the day, just dont know what year, lol
i believe this one was fron Aquasco Speedway in Md-might be John Speilman from the Ram Rods in the background

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I first came to this board I tested the waters on T.O.B.T. and it failed because most come here to joke around, stir up shit, or unwind. Then someone mentioned the drag racing section for my thread. Its more of a serious tone over there, and I never really wandered there, good information there, It was welcome over there and has 31 pages. Heres a link to it, or you can try another here but it will not last.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425234&highlight=old+drag+photos
That's what I'm talking about! I love the old school photos!

·
Registered
420 Posts
i have some from back in the day, just dont know what year, lol
i believe this one was fron Aquasco Speedway in Md-might be John Speilman from the Ram Rods in the background

Looks like Gainesville to me. Buster and NHRA crew is there so it might have been an early '70s Gatornationals.
WF

·
Registered
420 Posts
NY National Speedway circa 1972. They used to run class eliminations and time trials four wide.

The Firebird belonged to Phil Monteith.

·
Registered
387 Posts
so was there any track prep when racing on dirt ?? cool pic..
lol. all they would do was scrape the track and water it some to keep the dust down, but after awhile, the track would get back dusty. shadyside was also running the opposite way back then. as you can see in my avatar shadyside has really changed, and I'm still in dragracing can you believe it?? I know I have made more passes at shadyside than anybody since its my home track.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those photos were great, but I'm looking for less flip top funny cars, and more door slammers.

1 - 20 of 33310 Posts