Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t find anything about Accel SuperRam intakes that is less than 15 years old... Either they suck, or they just came onto the market too early??? One of my best friends bought this back in the mid 90's and the ECU was very limited, wide band and big injectors cost a fortune.... is that why it never took off?

I got it really cheap (below $300) and want to use it to make ~ 1400 [email protected] 6500 rpm with about 20 psi

IMG_0635.JPG

Basic specs;
3.280 bore x 3.76 stroke tall deck chevy 10.0:1 static CR
315 cc AFR rect. port heads
small (~.650 lift) Solid roller
210 lb injectors & megasquirt
Two VS-Racing 75mm, T4, 1.10ar 83 turbine
Ethanol (E85 or E98)
no intercooler but will have ~ 50 shot of nitrous into each turbo

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
3.28" bore?
I only have experience with the SBC Super Ram. Bigger tubes, bigger plenum, bigger TB, got past the 4500rpm power peak of stock stuff.
You'll probably need a bigger TB, by a lot...

·
A Senior Member
2,846 Posts
Cut, weld, grind on it.

Probably easy enough to make an adapter for something like this throttle body.

1696 cfm . Should flow enough. And low enough to fit under a cowl hood.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I think that was a big part of it, the accel dfi stuff never had the support out there in the early days and very few big blocks were ever injected to begin with from the factory. The old school bbc guys stayed carb. The performance small block world took off with injection from tpi to lt1 etc. even tbi had alot more support and capabilities.

That intake is probably pretty decent. Accel electronics probably not. Now a days with Holleys efi options becoming so popular with great support, going efi on bbc is much easier.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,460 Posts
I think that was a big part of it, the accel dfi stuff never had the support out there in the early days and very few big blocks were ever injected to begin with from the factory. The old school bbc guys stayed carb. The performance small block world took off with injection from tpi to lt1 etc. even tbi had alot more support and capabilities.

That intake is probably pretty decent. Accel electronics probably not. Now a days with Holleys efi options becoming so popular with great support, going efi on bbc is much easier.
My buddy and I used that entire setup on his car in the 90's. I used a wideband to tune it for him. That hardware with new Holley stuff like a Holley HP would be a good setup. The Accel stuff works, but you need an old-ass laptop to use with it, does not do feedback like their newer Gen 7 does. Sell that stuff to an NHRA Stocker to keep as a spare, we still use them for a lot of those cars, and Commander 950's. Buy yourself a Holley HP ECM and harness and have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts