Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddies and I were discussing Memphis Street outlaws this morning. Who would hazard to guess how fast Old Heavy really is?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I clocked it with a stop watch when they came to our track. may have been maybe a tenth off but close. I was sitting dead on the finish line. Big tires 4.0's Small tires 4.50's in the eighth. They all ran those times except Dough boy was the slowest but still ran 4.70'S.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is why I was asking, I was involved in this conversation and we are going to have a bike class at JJs arm drop in Pine Valley on June 20th. I was proposing that the bike winner gets a shot at Old heavy

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
It now has a F1x-12 Procharger. Not sure what those can make maxed out but I know you can get 25-2800 hp out of them. It's probably 4.30-.50 truck.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I clocked it with a stop watch when they came to our track. may have been maybe a tenth off but close. I was sitting dead on the finish line. Big tires 4.0's Small tires 4.50's in the eighth. They all ran those times except Dough boy was the slowest but still ran 4.70'S.
None of those cars will run 4.0's, not a chance

·
Registered
597 Posts
I was curious as well. Thats why I wanted to see how fast they were. Because I didnt think they were any where that fast either. Seen it with my own eyes. Boy was I wrong. I may have been as high as .2 off but no more than that. They were in the high side like 4.08 and 4.09. there was as guy there from no prep kings with a twin turbo billet Hemi in a mustang that beat him that I clocked at 4.0. This was on a track not the street.

·
Registered
16,242 Posts
4.0's no way. That's getting into Pro Mod et

·
Registered
581 Posts
The OKC guys , Murder Nova, Daddy Dave... are capable of running 4.0's but not every pass. Ole Heavy is not in the same league as those guys. I have to agree 4.70 is to 5.0.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Listen fellas. I couldn't give a flyin fuck. Believe what you want, I was there with a brand new stop watch. Why would I say that if It didn't happen. What, you think a digital stop watch is wrong. I could see the light turned green and was sitting dead on the finish line with three other guys. We all freaked out. None of us thought they were even close to that fast either. We thought i had not pushed the button fast enough so we changed person to person and got the same times or very close to. I'm not saying its exact but its dam close. Go race them. You'll see. This was on a prepped track, not on the street. Most of them were running high 4.50's on small tires, Dough Boy was the slowest @ high 4.70's. They were all running 29.5 x 10.5 non W on 12" wide rims the first day. That's what they consider small tires. Then the next day they ran big tires and dropped down that low.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts