Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my dad's from Austria, and his dream has been to take a vacation to Munich and take a trip from there to his hometown of Graz in Austria. Has anyone been to the Big 'Fest? How much money is it to go?

·
Registered
56,906 Posts
Don't know about now a days but back in the late '60's and early'70's $40 would get ya hammered but good!! Went to Munich in '69, '70, and '71 and the experience was unreal!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I was there in 2001 during 9/11. Still had a great time. I don't drink but enjoyed watching the one who did. Biggest beer tents I ever seen in my life.

·
Registered
86 Posts
went last year ,going back again this year worlds best party,just bring your wallet , euro to dollar sucks ass just got confirmation on a table
at the haufbrua tent

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
About 9 of us went in 2010... It's a very fun time. I would just bounce from table to table meeting new people... all very cool.

I think 10 Euro a stein... we knew a guy who was an exchange student from high school so we were able to get a nice table and appointed waiter but the key was just going from table to table to meet people - nobody was rude, everyone was happy to meet you... of course we were all drunk though.

Me and my wife...

Me and my buddy...

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Make it a truly "International Affair"and join up with all the Aussie's ,Kiwi's ,and Yarpie's at the Pig Pen for a quiet beer :p

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I went last year. It was 10 euro per stein for the tent we were in. There are I think 12 different tents with the different beer companies from there. Get there early and stay at 1 tent otherwise you do have to have a ticket to get into each tent which costs money. Wife and I had a great time there. There is a ton of history all over Europe so spend as much time there as you can and see as much as you can. If you have an I phone I know there are Oktoberfest fest apps on it download it and check it out. Good luck and have fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts