Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Chris,

the T04B is the one that Grape Ape is running on his SBC (I dunno if you remember him from the 2nd Gen site. http://www.grapeaperacing.com/GrapeApeRacing/). those seem like a good choice for this (~800 HP). with that big a motor, you might though run into issuez with getting turbin housings that have a good AR so that you can flow enough air.

From what I can tell, a CR of 8.5 to 9.0, seems to be the norm on these forced air motors. sounds like a piston change is in order. also there seems to be a big benifit from coatings (especially piston crowns & chambers).

I would guess if you keep the boost low enough, pull enough timing & do some coating that you would not need an IC.

What kind of car is this going in? the reason to ask is that there are some pretty nice 2 input 1 output air to air IC's out there that might provide some insurance & make more HP when he gets bored with what your going to give him.

Bob

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
BTW Rod,

Welcome to the site, thanks for spending some time & helping out, we appreciate advice & help from the pro's.

Bob

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.