Yellow Bullet Forums banner
121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Even if our government doesn't do this, other governments such as in Europe and Canada will. The automakers operate in a global market and won't want to keep investing in ICE development just for the US. The transition to EVs is coming regardless of what our government does.

Many people said the same thing when pollution controls, electronic fuel injection, and OBD2 were added to new vehicles. How many of those old cars are still on the road? Not many.
The difference is, it’s not feasible to have EVs replace all ICE vehicles, it won’t happen for at least another 40 years, if at all. The whole EV b.s. is just another government attempt at control.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
The difference is, it’s not feasible to have EVs replace all ICE vehicles, it won’t happen for at least another 40 years, if at all. The whole EV b.s. is just another government attempt at control.
Do you think all the cars will be charging at once?
I suppose you also think they have to charge them up every day?
Unless you’re 80 this will absolutely happen in your lifetime.

Reactions: Mad Machine

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Do you think all the cars will be charging at once?
I suppose you also think they have to charge them up every day?
Unless you’re 80 this will absolutely happen in your lifetime.
No, but figure probably a quarter of them will, and with the current grid being overwhelmed as it is, there’s just no way this will work.
Not every day, but given a 200 mile range I’d bet about half would be charged every day…we put well over 100km (60 miles) on our car almost every day in the summer when the kids have sports, so to have at least half-charge to get to work, it would need to be charged every 2 days. Not to mention the initial cost of the fairy-dust electric is at least $40k, and sometimes double for a larger vehicle with more range.
I‘m 41, and I’m pretty confident I’ll have an ICE powered car when I die.

·
LS Powah!
13,310 Posts
Not to mention the initial cost of the fairy-dust electric is at least $40k
So what? That's the same as the average new ICE vehicle.

·
Trolling the Trolls
18,099 Posts
Even if our government doesn't do this, other governments such as in Europe and Canada will. The automakers operate in a global market and won't want to keep investing in ICE development just for the US. The transition to EVs is coming regardless of what our government does.

Many people said the same thing when pollution controls, electronic fuel injection, and OBD2 were added to new vehicles. How many of those old cars are still on the road? Not many.
Oh, 1970 before smog era when 350 whp from a 454 LS6 was great from the factory polluting the pale blue dot we all reside on. 50+ years later and lowly NA V6's are making that power with 90-95% less emissions.

You old dinosaurs laughed at the Hondas/Imports making power and going fast, now the EV's are WAY fucking faster than anything from the 70's, or even 2000's, but you are still in denial.

Then again I'm an old fart as well....and Neil Peart summed it up perfectly.

Oh yeah, I'd rather cruise a 1970 muscle car (with electric fans so it doesn't over heat) that DD a Tesla.

Now flogging on a Tesla at the track? Hellcat is a pussy :)

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
No, but figure probably a quarter of them will, and with the current grid being overwhelmed as it is, there’s just no way this will work.
Not every day, but given a 200 mile range I’d bet about half would be charged every day…we put well over 100km (60 miles) on our car almost every day in the summer when the kids have sports, so to have at least half-charge to get to work, it would need to be charged every 2 days. Not to mention the initial cost of the fairy-dust electric is at least $40k, and sometimes double for a larger vehicle with more range.
I‘m 41, and I’m pretty confident I’ll have an ICE powered car when I die.
So 1/4 of them charge up at night for a 1/2 tank.
Really the range is more like 300.
Couple that with the solar panels on your home and you can see how the load isn’t nearly what everyone think it’s going to be.

I have yet seen any real info from you Keyboard warriors that the grid won’t support EV’s
Just assumptions.

Just like your statement that about the cost.
40k gets you a Mach E with 300 mile range and 0-60 in 3.5
Cost seems pretty average compared to a ICE vehicle.
Not sure where you’re getting that they are so expensive from?

·
Registered
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Oh, 1970 before smog era when 350 whp from a 454 LS6 was great from the factory polluting the pale blue dot we all reside on. 50+ years later and lowly NA V6's are making that power with 90-95% less emissions.

You old dinosaurs laughed at the Hondas/Imports making power and going fast, now the EV's are WAY fucking faster than anything from the 70's, or even 2000's, but you are still in denial.

Then again I'm an old fart as well....and Neil Peart summed it up perfectly.

Oh yeah, I'd rather cruise a 1970 muscle car (with electric fans so it doesn't over heat) that DD a Tesla.

Now flogging on a Tesla at the track? Hellcat is a pussy :)
You had to pull the “Rush card”? I won’t be the same for the rest of the day. Rock on........!!!

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,788 Posts
It's not what I do or anything......

We still have many areas on VERY old 4Kv primary.
Of course chuckleheads on the net have no clue what that means

I haven't even thrown the data center HUGE demands being built & new massive few hundred million dollar substations going up. One after the other, they are taking 2-3 years for ea to complete while OTHER areas crews do that areas workload of PM

Goofs have no clue what the grid investment requires, and timelines. They just assume we can do this because a libtard wrote an article guessing with opinion......comical

Reactions: Colt and Cruise

·
LS Powah!
13,310 Posts
It's not what I do or anything......

We still have many areas on VERY old 4Kv primary.
Of course chuckleheads on the net have no clue what that means

I haven't even thrown the data center HUGE demands being built & new massive few hundred million dollar substations going up. One after the other, they are taking 2-3 years for ea to complete while OTHER areas crews do that areas workload of PM

Goofs have no clue what the grid investment requires, and timelines. They just assume we can do this because a libtard wrote an article guessing with opinion......comical
I can see you guys back in 1961 now after JFK's speech. "Send a man to the moon and back within 10 years? LMFAO! It will never happen."

Reactions: HenryFloored

·
LS Powah!
13,310 Posts
With electric rockets
The Saturn V rocket didn't exist in 1961. The country committed to doing something that wasn't technologically feasible at the time.

Reactions: HenryFloored

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Power companies are privately owned.
Deregulate them and they will supply the power.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Sorry, I'm a public power company share owner, you fail.
Sorry I didn’t make my self clear enough.
Utility companies are not owned by the government. Deregulate them and they will build what’s needed if they can make a dime off it.

Reactions: Mista Bone

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,788 Posts
Pricks

You got me looking at EVs now....lmao
Pretty sure I get free charging at work.
I'd only use it for me to get to work and local.
Few guys have them

It's ashame that Ford Mach E is a such a POS
It is the largest option within a reasonable price point

Reactions: Mad Machine

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
If anyone thinks it will be all law and order when it comes to a "pecking order" for the chargers, it wont, every greedy bastard will be charging as soon as they can, even if it does not need it...insecurity of "running out" and having to queue for hours will soon get old...its not mainstream yet, thats why it appears to be "working"....anyone got a battery for a 150ton wrecker that will stand for hours at a crash with 200 lights running .? :ROFLMAO:
Gas and Derv is going nowhere

·
LS Powah!
13,310 Posts
Pricks

You got me looking at EVs now....lmao
Pretty sure I get free charging at work.
I'd only use it for me to get to work and local.
Few guys have them

It's ashame that Ford Mach E is a such a POS
It is the largest option within a reasonable price point
Just buy a used Leaf if you can get free charging at work.

121 - 140 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.