Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 60 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
16,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Really guys?

For realzus, y’all wont budge? Man I sure wish I could be as cool as y’all and make jokes while laughing in the face of inevitability.

Maybe if I was as cool as you guys and hated EV’s I might be able to get girls like the pinups I share on the Cleveland thread. Mr. Chove is certain I could never get one to even give me the time of day.

Lol! I can’t imagine measuring one’s manhood based on liking or hating certain things that the mullet crowd deems cool or not cool.

Tell you what gang right or wrong it’s not an affront to your manhood if you like EV’s.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree on the lack of infrastructure stopping EV's. However, politicians will continue to make stupid mandates based on the green agenda to gain votes, knowing that they don't have to face the consequences. Also, doing a little math, the average solar panel produces 10 watts/ square foot and weighs 2.8 pounds/ square foot. Over an 8 hour day, converting it to metric units of weight to match the video, the solar cells will produce 63 Watt-hours/ kg. The ability to produce electricity is over 2.5X the ability to store electricity in the horizontal body panels with their current capability. So it would be more beneficial to add solar panels to the horizontal surfaces and part the car in a sunny spot. Plus horizontal body panels are not as much an element in crash worthiness.

·
Registered
16,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I agree on the lack of infrastructure stopping EV's. However, politicians will continue to make stupid mandates based on the green agenda to gain votes, knowing that they don't have to face the consequences. Also, doing a little math, the average solar panel produces 10 watts/ square foot and weighs 2.8 pounds/ square foot. Over an 8 hour day, converting it to metric units of weight to match the video, the solar cells will produce 63 Watt-hours/ kg. The ability to produce electricity is over 2.5X the ability to store electricity in the horizontal body panels with their current capability. So it would be more beneficial to add solar panels to the horizontal surfaces and part the car in a sunny spot. Plus horizontal body panels are not as much an element in crash worthiness.
Nice post ☝I like that solid content.

·
Registered
16,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
^The infrastructure doesn’t exist to support an all-EV world, and there’s no way it can be built in 8 years. No amount of fanboy videos can change that, Henry.
I respectfully disagree, it is exactly the so called “fanboys” that will drive innovation and progress just like they always have.

I don’t like this term fanboy, it’s a form of cancel culture by implying that the person of interest is somehow driven by emotion or some other illogical devotion.

It’s like calling someone a racist whereby you call someone out for some inherent flaw which negates that person’s opinion out of hand due to some perceived or fantastical charge that requires no proof just his opponent’s opinion. It’s a ploy to win an argument.

Now going back to structural battery. I still need help in understanding how say a stressed bulkhead battery bank adds to the weight of a vehicle overall if it negates the need for single purpose batteries in a conventional tray?

If a battery pack/stressed member component is simultaneously storing energy, providing structure and reducing the need for as many heavier batteries in the conventional tray are we not reducing weight AND increasing efficiency overall at least in theory at this point?

Also I guess I need to go back to carbon fiber school because I was under the impression that it was a very lightweight material usually much lighter than it’s steel counterpart.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
IMO a fanboy is someone with blinders on, who only sees what they want to see without considering all the pertinent info. I’m not trying to win an argument, and I didn’t think this was one, was more of a discussion.

So your contention is that the batteries will be made of lightweight carbon fiber, as opposed to the traditional materials used in heavy batteries?

What about the inherent benefits of using a low-mounted battery to improve handling? Or to allow a “quick change” to occur during a cross-country trip? You can’t really do that with a network of panel batteries, nor will you see the low center of gravity evs currently enjoy.

Reactions: HenryFloored

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
. Truth be told I suspect that you and I will both be dead before EVs make up any substantial percentage if the market (I’d say 30%+), and we both know the infrastructure just isn’t there to support that number
Cant speak for the US but over here my friend who shares my unit has a mate who works for Northern Power Grid and he says there is no way it can ever take off mainstream because they already spend 24/7/365 trying to keep the ageing system going and it will never be able to support it.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
^The infrastructure doesn’t exist to support an all-EV world, and there’s no way it can be built in 8 years. No amount of fanboy videos can change that, Henry.
This has already been discussed. Cars will charge at night, off peak use times.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I do….and 3 batteries…wonder why.
Because it came with 3 batteries??
You bought a harbor freight drill?
Your wife uses one in her vibrator?
Their 10 years out of date pos.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Yea, cause a electric drill = car...
Because battery operated device.
It’s proof of concept, look at how much cordless tools has changed in the last 5 years.
Cordless is replacing gas powered yard equipment.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Because it came with 3 batteries??
You bought a harbor freight drill?
Your wife uses one in her vibrator?
Their 10 years out of date pos.
Nice reply, great debate skills.
Milwaukee drill at home, Dewalt at work, each came with 2 batteries, bought a bigger battery for each for more power and run time. You need the part numbers to confirm?

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Nice reply, great debate skills.
Milwaukee drill at home, Dewalt at work, each came with 2 batteries, bought a bigger battery for each for more power and run time. You need the part numbers to confirm?
Nope, just a better response than “I got 3 batteries, wanna guess why?”

41 - 60 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.