Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
^The infrastructure doesn’t exist to support an all-EV world, and there’s no way it can be built in 8 years. No amount of fanboy videos can change that, Henry.
This has already been discussed. Cars will charge at night, off peak use times.

Reactions: HenryFloored

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I do….and 3 batteries…wonder why.
Because it came with 3 batteries??
You bought a harbor freight drill?
Your wife uses one in her vibrator?
Their 10 years out of date pos.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Yea, cause a electric drill = car...
Because battery operated device.
It’s proof of concept, look at how much cordless tools has changed in the last 5 years.
Cordless is replacing gas powered yard equipment.

Reactions: HenryFloored

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Nice reply, great debate skills.
Milwaukee drill at home, Dewalt at work, each came with 2 batteries, bought a bigger battery for each for more power and run time. You need the part numbers to confirm?
Nope, just a better response than “I got 3 batteries, wanna guess why?”

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Brilliant, cuz nobody works or drives at night. Fanboy stuff right here.
Just stop. Majority of people work during the day. Those who don’t will be fine.
No fanboy shit, just someone who can see the reality of how things can work.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
How is the home charging situation going to work if you discover your power went out.?
Hopes and prayers 1 hour before work to find an open station with time to use it??

We all see how often power outages happen. Even a disruption can shutdown a charge cycle.
Now multiply needs by the amount of EV drivers in household. Go from 1 to 2,3,4?
Married couples with kids....

The grid can't even support 1 EV station in every 3rd household.
What will it be like when you need 2-4 PER household?

If a single gas station is closed or out of fuel, you simply goto the next.
Home charging down?? You are pretty much SOL and tempting a tow if you run outta juice

I like the EV ideas, but the world is far from ready to support it
We’ll this is pointless. Gas stations shut down when the power goes out too.

Reactions: Mad Machine

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Oh really??

You might get a 0.5 mile radius outage if a transformer blows. A few mile radius if it's a primary line down in a storm depending on concentration.

You can drive to another Gas station outside that power feed zone very easily and quickly.

Switching occurs frequently and disrupts a charge cycle that would likely require user input to continue.

In other words no.....its not an apples to apples "well stations go out too". Factoring in the increased demand is going to cause ALOT more outages in areas where grids are dilapidated (i.e. Texas)
Wtf, stop moving the goal posts.
The EV isn’t going to be sitting at home with a range of 0. In fact it would of been charging while the power was still on.

What other stupid scenario you got.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Yes, @HenryFloored, the structural battery is a good idea, much different than what we began discussing here.
Regardless, the fact remains that the current grid cannot sustain charging even 20% of cars being full electric, as well as powering our homes and businesses.

Sure, but an average tank of fuel lasts way longer than a charge……..especially in cold weather.
Only counts if you filled before hand.
And you’ll still get over 200 miles in a ev in the winter. Your not fucking stranded.

Do you guys think these are powered by AA batteries?

How fucking stupid are you guys.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Not much of a critical thinker, or a debater are you?
Same can be said for the EV bud.
200 miles in certain cars, after a full charge, sure. But many cars push 500km on a tank, so you’re not really making a case here, lol. As well if you’re low on power in a snowstorm, using heat and wipers won’t affect your range like it does in an EV.
So you responded with KM to try and make your point. Your as stupid as the rest of the idiots here.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Holy crap! Get a clue!!! A gas station’s energy is in the tanks in the ground. It takes very little power (gas powered generator) to dispense it into the vehicle. Christ…I can run my community well that services 3 homes from a 10hp generator.
get a fucking clue….just a fucking clue.
Oh so it’s ok to use a generator for a gas car but not a EV.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Not as stupid as those people stranded on I-95 last week in the snow storm. 20+ hours of using the battery to keep you warm, it's not enough if you didn't have a full charge when you left work. Most charge at home over night to keep things topped off. 80 miles a night of range charge is enough to get them till the weekend and still have 40% charge left, which gets fully charged over the weekend.

If anyone remembers watching Fifth Gear from the UK, they are now Fifth Gear: Recharged. Everything is either a hybrid or fully electric. They also cover how they are using new technology for faster charging and with more locations. I'll see if that clip is on youtube.

Myself, I'm looking at the Ford Maverick Hybrid. 40 mpg city is better than 12-13 mpg the current beast gets. Think of the Mav. Hybrid as a useable Prius.

Then again I'd switch to a LNG car for local driving. Kentuckiana just opened a location near me. GAIN has a location (almost 10 years!) as well. The price is always listed at $1.99 but I'm not sure how much MPG you'd get for that price.
8-12 hrs to fully charge a Tesla at home. Their not just putting 5 bucks in the tank to make it to the weekend.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
The rules ARE bad, the technology is cool, just let it develop on its own And not be forced up our asses.
I agree, maybe it’s because I’ve paid alittle attention to what and how it’s being developed. While others are in the dark about what is happening in the ev world.

I suppose if you are just now hearing about ev cars and how they’ll be the norm in 5-10 years it would feel like it’s being shoved up our asses.

Tesla has been at it for almost 20 years.
The concept of EV’s has been proven, they are a viable form of transportation.
Give it another 15 and I doubt any major manufacturers will selling a gas vehicle.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
If the manufacturers decide that, individually on their own, fine. The problem is the politicians are deciding that.
I believe most manufacturers have already made plans to switch by then. You know the charger and challenger are dead.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
The difference is, it’s not feasible to have EVs replace all ICE vehicles, it won’t happen for at least another 40 years, if at all. The whole EV b.s. is just another government attempt at control.
Do you think all the cars will be charging at once?
I suppose you also think they have to charge them up every day?
Unless you’re 80 this will absolutely happen in your lifetime.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
No, but figure probably a quarter of them will, and with the current grid being overwhelmed as it is, there’s just no way this will work.
Not every day, but given a 200 mile range I’d bet about half would be charged every day…we put well over 100km (60 miles) on our car almost every day in the summer when the kids have sports, so to have at least half-charge to get to work, it would need to be charged every 2 days. Not to mention the initial cost of the fairy-dust electric is at least $40k, and sometimes double for a larger vehicle with more range.
I‘m 41, and I’m pretty confident I’ll have an ICE powered car when I die.
So 1/4 of them charge up at night for a 1/2 tank.
Really the range is more like 300.
Couple that with the solar panels on your home and you can see how the load isn’t nearly what everyone think it’s going to be.

I have yet seen any real info from you Keyboard warriors that the grid won’t support EV’s
Just assumptions.

Just like your statement that about the cost.
40k gets you a Mach E with 300 mile range and 0-60 in 3.5
Cost seems pretty average compared to a ICE vehicle.
Not sure where you’re getting that they are so expensive from?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Power companies are privately owned.
Deregulate them and they will supply the power.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Sorry, I'm a public power company share owner, you fail.
Sorry I didn’t make my self clear enough.
Utility companies are not owned by the government. Deregulate them and they will build what’s needed if they can make a dime off it.

Reactions: Mista Bone
1 - 20 of 22 Posts