Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
. Truth be told I suspect that you and I will both be dead before EVs make up any substantial percentage if the market (I’d say 30%+), and we both know the infrastructure just isn’t there to support that number
Cant speak for the US but over here my friend who shares my unit has a mate who works for Northern Power Grid and he says there is no way it can ever take off mainstream because they already spend 24/7/365 trying to keep the ageing system going and it will never be able to support it.

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
Joe will sort it, "power out at 7pm for all those nasty fuel lovers so leccy boys can have at it with the grid, Govt approved candles to be issued to the low life gas and derv lovers, 1 per household per night".....sorted,
Love, "big J" (y):LOL:

I'm sure in the near future some snowflake will come up with the bright idea to turn the street lights off , traffic signals and neon etc...they will then be awarded a big trophy for their brilliant idea .......🏆:D

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
In order to match the 2,000 cars that a typical filling station can service in a busy 12 hours, an EV charging station would require 600, 50-watt chargers at an estimated cost of $24 million and a supply of 30 megawatts of power from the grid. That is enough to power 20,000 homes. No one likely thinks about the fact that it can take 30 minutes to 8 hours to recharge a vehicle between empty or just topping off. What are the drivers doing during that time? If you’ve got cars coming into a gas station, they would stay for an average of five minutes. If you’ve got cars coming into an electric charging station, they would be at least 30 minutes, possibly an hour, but let’s say its 30 minutes. So that’s six times the surface area to park the cars while they’re being charged. So, multiply every gas station in a city by six. Where are you going to find the place to put them?
No one thinks about the problems, even if was at 50% EV and 50% fossil now, today....it would collapse, its only "working" now because there are hardly any on the roads in comparison to fossil....so its sorta' working for the forecourt charging, unfortunately, the pro EV crowd refuse to accept things like what you posted.....they use "home charging" as a get out clause......you taking your house on holiday then?:D
This was the CEO of the German :mad: owned factory opposite my house, stuck at work last Friday an extra 3 hrs because the prick forgot to plug in.., he had to lock the place up because all the staff were looong gone :ROFLMAO: gas station round the corner, 5mins LOL
4 fkn hours of wasted life, wash, rinse, repeat daily, not for me ....." I Godda go !!!!"
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
If anyone thinks it will be all law and order when it comes to a "pecking order" for the chargers, it wont, every greedy bastard will be charging as soon as they can, even if it does not need it...insecurity of "running out" and having to queue for hours will soon get old...its not mainstream yet, thats why it appears to be "working"....anyone got a battery for a 150ton wrecker that will stand for hours at a crash with 200 lights running .? :ROFLMAO:
Gas and Derv is going nowhere

1 - 7 of 7 Posts