Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LS Powah!
13,178 Posts
I love people who think outside the box but battery technology itself will advance long before this totally impractical idea will ever come to pass. Look at what's been accomplished just over the last 10 years - there's now an EV (Lucid) on the market with a range of 500 miles that's been verified independently and in another 10 years range fear will likely be history. What the EV industry needs to work on more than anything is infrastructure.
You're absolutely right on both points. Solid state batteries will be the big advancement over the near term. Toyota has announced plans to use SSBs in a hybrid by '25, so we should expect to see them in EVs by '30 or so. Charging stations can be installed anywhere you have electricity, so they should increase at a significant rate over the next decade. As more EVs hit the road, more companies will be willing to invest in chargers. Once that happens, I think most people will willingly switch to EVs.

Reactions: HenryFloored

·
LS Powah!
13,178 Posts
One thing the manufacturers could do to help is to make the battery exactly the same for all cars, no wait time at the charge station, just a swap, make it so no one owns the batterys, the manufacturer or the gov can foot the bill, we just pay for the charge, this way all charge stations could have dozens on the rack charging or charged ready to go. also make the vehicle adaptable to more than one battery, for instance, if you have a truck or suv and dont need rear cargo area for a trip or you are just towing, make it so you can stack batteries, This way hondas can have one, and full size 2 or more, if everyone would get their poop in a group it would speed up the process!!!
This is already done with EV taxis in China.

·
LS Powah!
13,178 Posts
But you have Commiefornia mandating EV cars exclusively by 2035 or something and the Feds raising the CAFE standards to almost unreachable levels.
Even if our government doesn't do this, other governments such as in Europe and Canada will. The automakers operate in a global market and won't want to keep investing in ICE development just for the US. The transition to EVs is coming regardless of what our government does.
Many people, myself included, will never own a EV. I will keep my current DD for as long as I live.
Many people said the same thing when pollution controls, electronic fuel injection, and OBD2 were added to new vehicles. How many of those old cars are still on the road? Not many.

·
LS Powah!
13,178 Posts
Not to mention the initial cost of the fairy-dust electric is at least $40k
So what? That's the same as the average new ICE vehicle.

·
LS Powah!
13,178 Posts
It's not what I do or anything......

We still have many areas on VERY old 4Kv primary.
Of course chuckleheads on the net have no clue what that means

I haven't even thrown the data center HUGE demands being built & new massive few hundred million dollar substations going up. One after the other, they are taking 2-3 years for ea to complete while OTHER areas crews do that areas workload of PM

Goofs have no clue what the grid investment requires, and timelines. They just assume we can do this because a libtard wrote an article guessing with opinion......comical
I can see you guys back in 1961 now after JFK's speech. "Send a man to the moon and back within 10 years? LMFAO! It will never happen."

·
LS Powah!
13,178 Posts
With electric rockets
The Saturn V rocket didn't exist in 1961. The country committed to doing something that wasn't technologically feasible at the time.

·
LS Powah!
13,178 Posts
Pricks

You got me looking at EVs now....lmao
Pretty sure I get free charging at work.
I'd only use it for me to get to work and local.
Few guys have them

It's ashame that Ford Mach E is a such a POS
It is the largest option within a reasonable price point
Just buy a used Leaf if you can get free charging at work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts