Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,741 Posts
You think insurance rates are skyrocketing now??

Just wait.....it's in preparation for the future ass raping they want to normalize

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,741 Posts
I respectfully disagree, it is exactly the so called “fanboys” that will drive innovation and progress just like they always have.
With gargantuan socialization schemes thru Govt funding. Not on its own merit and viabiltiy.

Something that's viable doesn't need to be FORCED

Reactions: Cruise

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,741 Posts
Trickle down effects from World War spending that benefited technology that NEVER got mandated/forced onto the public ??

That's your comparison to Govt forced EV world coming?? Well.......ok......good luck with that

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,741 Posts
How is the home charging situation going to work if you discover your power went out.?
Hopes and prayers 1 hour before work to find an open station with time to use it??

We all see how often power outages happen. Even a disruption can shutdown a charge cycle.
Now multiply needs by the amount of EV drivers in household. Go from 1 to 2,3,4?
Married couples with kids....

The grid can't even support 1 EV station in every 3rd household.
What will it be like when you need 2-4 PER household?

If a single gas station is closed or out of fuel, you simply goto the next.
Home charging down?? You are pretty much SOL and tempting a tow if you run outta juice

I like the EV ideas, but the world is far from ready to support it

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,741 Posts
We’ll this is pointless. Gas stations shut down when the power goes out too.
Oh really??

You might get a 0.5 mile radius outage if a transformer blows. A few mile radius if it's a primary line down in a storm depending on concentration.

You can drive to another Gas station outside that power feed zone very easily and quickly.

Switching occurs frequently and disrupts a charge cycle that would likely require user input to continue.

In other words no.....its not an apples to apples "well stations go out too". Factoring in the increased demand is going to cause ALOT more outages in areas where grids are dilapidated (i.e. Texas)

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,741 Posts
Efficiency is not the primary obstacle

Infrastructure is, and to date we haven't seen a viable solution to that problem illustrated in this thread

Long distance road travel is another issue that has no viable solution due to infrastructure lacking immensely VS ICE travel

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,741 Posts
Tell that to a friend that bought a Tesla in Cali and drove it home to Ohio.

How about running OLOA (One Lap Of America) in a Tesla? It is possible just requires more careful planning. Stop every 200 miles/3 hours for a rest break, stretch your legs, fast charge for 30 minutes while grabbing a snack. Planned carefully that is an extra hour for a 600 mile trip. Using an ICE car with same room as a Tesla you'd have at least one stop for fuel. Even with a Toyota Avalon Hybrid @ 42 mpg and 13 gal tank, you only have 550 mile range.
Let's evaluate this "one off" experience to be fair
A hybrid or ICE can gas n go in 5-10 mins just about anywhere, no restrictions

Now for your friends EV travel....
#1. Infrastructure support is MINIMAL.
#2. Your friend had to plan a route sticking to that minimal asset availability
#3. He had to HOPE a charging station was available when he got there or now add even more time
#4. He had to alot extra travel hours to stop every 2 or so hours(exactly 200 miles between ea station?)
#6. .I would bet it's more then 30 minutes for all that
#7. He had to limit his range of driving per stop/charge to make it somewhat tolerable
#8. We have no idea what these random charging stations cost either for accesx
#9. How many hotels along the interstate offer overnight charge stations?
#10. Should we factor in charger maintenance downtime, or leave that one for now?

Do we not see how this gets exponentially chaotic once we add alot more EVs??
Is it feasible?? Seems so, but ALOT more tedious planning required and chance plays in for charger availability. Fair assessment?

I like the tech, but again......infrastructure large scale is just not there yet
Hybrids are a better option right now Imo

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,741 Posts
It's not what I do or anything......

We still have many areas on VERY old 4Kv primary.
Of course chuckleheads on the net have no clue what that means

I haven't even thrown the data center HUGE demands being built & new massive few hundred million dollar substations going up. One after the other, they are taking 2-3 years for ea to complete while OTHER areas crews do that areas workload of PM

Goofs have no clue what the grid investment requires, and timelines. They just assume we can do this because a libtard wrote an article guessing with opinion......comical

Reactions: Colt and Cruise

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,741 Posts
Pricks

You got me looking at EVs now....lmao
Pretty sure I get free charging at work.
I'd only use it for me to get to work and local.
Few guys have them

It's ashame that Ford Mach E is a such a POS
It is the largest option within a reasonable price point

Reactions: Mad Machine
1 - 9 of 9 Posts