Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you can post right on here about anything ......... Its like having a PROMOD and some phucking yahoo having a plastic model of it made and telling everyone to come over his house and watch him play with it instead of going to the track :confused:

I just don't phuckin get it ........

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
kind of dumb. But to each there own

·
Professional Troublemaker
14,446 Posts
If i remember correctly it was made when we were having alot of server issues. This place is like crack, you gotta get your fix somewhere!:p

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
If i remember correctly it was made when we were having alot of server issues. This place is like crack, you gotta get your fix somewhere!:p
Yup - that's what I remember, plus it makes it easier to add people you know directly from facebook instead of searching for people from one of the "facebook" threads on here.

It's kind of like asking "why should a business have a facebook page when they have a website?" I don't think it was ever used as a substitute or replacement for YB, just as a place to find other bullet members.

The only thing I used it for was the "what is your YB screen name" thread so I could match up the people to their real names.

·
YB Managing Editor
50,764 Posts
Kinda late to the party ain't ya?

There are already half a dozen threads on the subject. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Team CoRuPt
1,810 Posts
Facebook page for events is an awesome idea. If all of the races are posted in the calendar you can synch it with your phone and computer and have a nice schedule for where you want to race or watch. Since there is no yellowbullet app(wonderful idea here guys) and facebook is much more mobile phone friendly then this website(i.e. they make an app for every phone where you get live streaming updates), it could be a good idea. Also a way to get more people intersted in the sport. Yellowbullet Nationals would be something anyone who knows a racer who is affiliated with yellowbullet would see through facebook.

I understand what you aspect you are looking at Jimmy, but you can't ignore the exposure possibilities. We don't need a million more people on the bullet, but we could deal with millions more at the racetrack!

·
Registered
46 Posts
^^^ There are vBulletin apps at least. It wouldn't be difficult for YB to add the code to allow for use of such apps too.

I hate Facebook, and don't have time in my life for it's uselessness. But I do also understand the draw for a business or organization to want to use the potential exposure as free advertising.

Hopefully when the fad of using Facebook wears away, it's presence will be less annoying to us guys that don't care to use it. Anybody ever see that episode of SouthPark about facebook? I swear I feel the same way he did. :rolleyes:

·
YB Managing Editor
50,764 Posts
You guys have a good point. A calender of events where people could add stuff would be a great help. You post a thread and it gets buried within a few days. I was just trying to see if there are any track rentals next month an its a pain searching.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 13 of 13 Posts