Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Thread Killer
18,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drill a hole, insert one of these things, put a tool in it like a rivet gun, and pull the trigger. It installs a nut in places where you can't get behind to put a real nut.

·
T/S 368E
33,869 Posts

Freaks!?!?!?

·
Got Woodgrain?
7,815 Posts
They are a huge pain in the ass. Chryslers and Jeeps use them alot. I HATE THOSE THINGS! New Jeep parts do not come with them and you gotta explain to the parts guy what you need.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Horsepower TV

Horsepower TV just did a install of part of their dry sump system with them.... They're called RivNuts, like somebody posted a couple lines back.

·
LEADING THE FREAK PARADE!
2,446 Posts
Nutserts. I have drawers and drawers full of them with the rivet gun and everything. Got them from Fastenal.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
Nutserts or Riv-nuts.

Don't Riv nuts use a tool to compress them and the nutserts use a bolt and nut to squeeze down then remove. or maybe it's just a brand name thing - I dunno.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
You young uns just wait 'till you get a chance to install a roof rack on a mini-van and one of those fucks up 1/2 way in, and it's a waiter.

You will wish you never heard of a nutsert! You will wish you had not gotten out of bed that day.

g

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
rivnuts....... even though they arent as great as what people think. Most the older aircraft mechanics I know hate them worse than their ex wifes.......

Floating nut plates are mucho better.........

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
rivnuts....... even though they arent as great as what people think. Most the older aircraft mechanics I know hate them worse than their ex wifes.......

x2 except I don't have an ex wife.

·
Registered
407 Posts

I'm an old aircraft mechanic and I hate my ex-wife MUCH more than rivnuts!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts