Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and ordered an IPhone today, it will be here tomorrow...I didn't really want to get another gadget to play with, but between the cost of my aircard and my celly it came out to more then just getting the IPhone, and I don't use the aircard much, and figured I could just use the IPhone for internet connection while on the road, along with the endless other features, like the IPod, as I walk around with that on when I am out and about by myself, now I can just use the phone.

Buddy of mine said to order the Otter for it, he got one after dropping and breaking an IPhone a few weeks ago, a new one cost him like 400 bucks, and the Otter is only 30 bucks, so that is on the way too..

I am NEVER gonna figure out all this bullshit! :rolleyes:

Spent 300 bucks yesterday on the "Code" smartphone from Metro, POS, it is going back tonight! :smt076

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
should have waited till the new one comes out in a few months ... or got a blackberry ... i don't think you can tether with the iphone ... and with t-Mobil tethering is free

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should have waited till the new one comes out in a few months ... or got a blackberry ... i don't think you can tether with the iphone ... and with t-Mobil tethering is free
I have no clue WTF you're talking about!! :smt102

I will be lucky if I can turn the bitch on! I ain't a techy.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
tether = use your phone as a modem on a laptop

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tether = use your phone as a modem on a laptop

Ok, I know what you mean. ;) Well, this is a BIG step up for me when it comes to phones, so I will see how this goes. :)

im sorry for you :(
Why do you say that? :smt102 I have a buddy who LOVES his IPhone, and he is into all the gadgets, and is pretty much a techy.

If I don't like it, I will give it to my 15 y/o daughter, she would be happy to have it! :smt052

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Iphone kicks ass, and I've had 2 blackberrys....even my "anti apple" PC geek buddy had to break down and buy one when the droid wasn't all that. Get a screen protector.

And don't forget that it's the ultimate music machine.

·
Registered
954 Posts
tethering would be a nice option, i've wondered if the iphone was capable, or if it could be done by jail breaking..

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
Why do you say that? :smt102

cause i like jackin with people :):)

Yeah I'm not up on this either. But does this mean I could get a cell phone and tether it to my laptop and eliminate my land line and internet?

yes. though if you loose cell service you loose internet obviously. and its not as fast as a dsl line either, but would work. some places have data transfer limits though, so you will want to look into your providers rules.

tethering would be a nice option, i've wondered if the iphone was capable, or if it could be done by jail breaking..

i believe it is, as well as creating a wifi hotspot.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fuckers, then in small print it says THIS! :mad:

"Tethering is not currently offered in the U.S. and some other countries. See your carrier for availability."

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
The IPhone is awesome. I almost can't live without it.....That sounds pathetic I know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts