Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a life long Dolphins fan ... and loved Marino ... and loved Montana. But I honestly think this year Peyton has proved he is the best that has ever played the game.

Team love aside ... what says you phucksticks???

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Very good but i dont think he is the best ever. Lets see how he does when it counts this year

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
He is what, 38, 39 years old? He was my favorite athlete when I was in middle school, and to this day, that remains. He isn't some cocky loudmouth lucky big play maker, he is literally, as stated, a "machine". A very smart machine.

I would say that facing the athletes in the NFL today, he is, by far, the best to play the game.

·
Registered
38,357 Posts
I'm a life long Dolphins fan ... and loved Marino ... and loved Montana. But I honestly think this year Peyton has proved he is the best that has ever played the game.

Team love aside ... what says you phucksticks???
He may be....but Romo's givin' him a run for his money today. I hope they have plenty of fire trucks outside that stadium...because it's flat out on fire inside. 40-38, man, what a shootout.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very good but i dont think he is the best ever. Lets see how he does when it counts this year
Point taken ... but if he does do it this year ... it's got to be a consideration.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
He may be....but Romo's givin' him a run for his money today. I hope they have plenty of fire trucks outside that stadium...because it's flat out on fire inside. 40-38, man, what a shootout.
82 points now, 2 TD's and a fg away from the 3rd highest scoring NFL game in history. :cool:

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
LMAO ... he has a ring
So does trent dilfer lol. If he doesnt choke this year and keeps up this pace than he very well could be. Also people talk about the athletes of today well the athletes of yester year werent slouches either. Its hard to compare generations like that. Back in the day guys played when the nfl wasnt such a pussyfied league.

·
Registered
38,357 Posts
Are we havin' fun yet? 48-41

Romo, 507 yards. Defense off-day for Denver or not, that's still pretty impressive. It doesn't make him better than Manning, but it makes for a pretty exciting football game. The Cowboys have been unexciting for a long time...maybe this'll start a trend.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So does trent dilfer lol. If he doesnt choke this year and keeps up this pace than he very well could be. Also people talk about the athletes of today well the athletes of yester year werent slouches either. Its hard to compare generations like that. Back in the day guys played when the nfl wasnt such a pussyfied league.
PLEASE don't tell me your using Trent Dilfer in the same sentence as Peyton Manning. lol. I do see your point though.

I think one of the things that makes him ONE of the best is his love for the game. Who doesn't see him as a some kinda coach when he is done playing? I think he lives, sleeps and breathes football. Believe me ... I'm a much bigger fan of the old players back in the day then the millionaires today.

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
Great game right now

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
PLEASE don't tell me your using Trent Dilfer in the same sentence as Peyton Manning. lol. I do see your point though.

I think one of the things that makes him ONE of the best is his love for the game. Who doesn't see him as a some kinda coach when he is done playing? I think he lives, sleeps and breathes football. Believe me ... I'm a much bigger fan of the old players back in the day then the millionaires today.
I am just in the context of he has a ring. Peyton is a hell of a player and alot of people know that. People also know him as a person who chokes in the playoffs

·
Registered
38,357 Posts
Same old Cowboys.......:(

WHY didn't they let Denver's Moreno run the ball in for a TD, instead of stopping him short for a first down? Bad play calling on someone's part. Dallas had a chance to tie the game, now it's 51-48, the lights are out, the party's over.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts