Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little boat. Maybe 13-14ft aluminum runabout, something that has steering/ remote or I can put that in. C/L has "the usual." And I know lots of folks use Zuckerass's little website

1...Search function blows. You try and search by price, that does not work right. Kept it simple, just put in "boat." Very few results.

Search function does not seem to like "normal" search terms like comma. Like EG aluminum, boat

2....Search function blows. If you search "Mopar" EG you get results for every fuckin thing including a Ferd 460 on a pallet. FUCK Zuckerpig, can't you even write software?

3....Search function blows.

4....Sear................................

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Try local fishing forums. I frequent 2 local sites and see a new boat for sale every few days (they go fast though).

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
That "marketplace" is WORSE than the freakshow craigslist...same exact deadbeat scumbags ..but heres what they do ... on marketplace the picture of your item is there along with the dreaded button called " Is this still available? " . The buyer has to to actually have to click 1 more button to read the description . I know.....lot of work right ?

Not one of these troglodytes will actually READ THE DESCRIPTION of your item. They will only press that first button. Its super annoying to get 20 to 30 messages a day = Is this still available?

So i respond " READ THE AD" ...then they all disappear or low ball you , one or the other. Same fucking lazy sub- humans as craigslist .:smt076

Try and sell something on FB.............you'll see.....

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,342 Posts
i use it, good deals on there, little issues.... its like anything know what the hell your doing and it works just fine

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much do you want to spend?
Zim

Hopefully less than / around 2K This little gal would be perfect. Unfortunately the owner misplaced the title and told me "him and I could go to the DMV together." NO, I'm in ID and he's in WA. Only recourse is for him to get the replacement title and HAND it to me

I have several old outboards and that in part "is the reason" Just want to go for a romp on the water now and again

https://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/d/veradale-13-ft-boat-and-trailer/6934944049.html

Aluminum Crestliner.
Motor not included but fish now with electric trolling motor (included).
Very light boat with 1989 Calkin trailer.

$1195.00 obo.

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm thinking you just hit on the problem.

No the search function blows, as does the "general operation" of the website. CL search works pretty well, after, as said above, you filter out some of the flakes and drug dealers

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
And yet another Only has an 8.5 Merc which I'd rather leave lying there, wants 1800

https://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/d/rathdrum-14-ft-alum-boat/6921727532.html

Awesome Kokenee boat, or any fish for that matter, 14 ft aluminum boat with trailer, has 7.5 mercury motor 1985 I believe, well kept, Has a practically new Minn Kota Endura C2 30lb electric motor. Brand New Garmin GPS ? Fish finder, wired lighting. Has optional Bench seat in the back or two individual seating. Serious buyers only

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
The search gets itself confused once there are too many parameters...

I just keep the distance at no further than 20 - 40 miles , and then just accept that what they show me - is what is available in my world...

If you try to search the whole world, and find the perfect fit for what you want, and hope that someone else hates what you love enough to dump it at a deal, ..good luck..

Once an outrageous deal pops up on ANY classified that is more than four hours to actually consummate - it aint a deal anymore...

My time is worth more than any " discount ".. Keep it close, and be patient... and, plan ahead - you do realize that you're trying to buy a boat in the summer... Last winter would have been a better time..

Also, realize that if it sucks sooo bad, , that means that the people selling will get frustrated with the process at some point too.. That's when the opportunities really open up...

·
I.Y.H.R.F.24.7.365
11,461 Posts
people that bitch about free placed ad's and the service or those using it are, dumb m/f's.
love the post about those looking at a f/b market place ad's being to lazy to read the ad, but the seller to lazy to reply if it is still avail. and only replies read the ad.
most know what the seller puts in the discrip box is b/s. or manytimes outdated, i.e. it is already sold.
no matter what the ad states.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I use it often to buy and sell. Never had an problem
Same here. Always get more money selling off FB than CL...especially from the mopar freaks. Around here those guys buy absolute junk and pay good money for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts