Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I know is that the engine was making noise from the top end and this is what he found when he pulled the pushrods out. You will see the one pushrod with the worn area towards one end. You can actually feel a lip there as well. He said the damaged end was on the lifter side of the pushrod.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad. Its a stock cube LS1 with a basic heads/cam package. Don't think it has aftermarket lifters, but if it does they are standard hydraulic.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
1QuickZ said:
My bad. Its a stock cube LS1 with a basic heads/cam package. Don't think it has aftermarket lifters, but if it does they are standard hydraulic.
If that's the case, the lifter collapsed.

·
Registered
49,435 Posts
anything prtruding into the area? whatever did that was pretty damned hard and had a sharp edge to it.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
i have seen them all pollish the end but its where it goes threw the head and it does not make a lip just shines it up from deflection .thatsa new one to me. id lean to the collapsed lifter also.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Definately a dead lifter - Saw the identical thing happen in a 5.3 truck.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well he said he pulled the heads and there was a piece of metal sitting in the lifter tray that was apparently rubbing the pushrod...

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have a set of those 7.350" Comp pushrods with low miles that I was going to post for sale @ $75. Let me know if you need them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts