Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok lets hear your "Neighbors freaking out when you start up the Race car" Stories!

Ok I never had anything like 90% of ya'll, but about 15 years ago I lived near a guy with an alky flopper. And this was a single family residential area, and this guy would just pull it out of the Garage on his driveway and fire that Beast up like it was nobody's business! I lived about 10-12 houses down on the same street and I would hear it like it was 2 houses down! :smt118

One time it was dark and he just pulled out a couple of halogen lamps and fired it up, and he had serious Balls! He'd whack that thing to 6-7,000 a couple of times! I was just imagining the SWAT team invading our neighborhood! But NOTHING.....I couldn't believe it! I never saw a cop, and he swears(?) That nobody complained....I'd say he was pretty lucky!:smt066

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
LOL....I keep my car at my fathers and he had a lady that would bitch....One time I wanted to see what the converter would stall so I hit the tbrake and floored it...in the garage with the door open facing her house...lol He came out the back door of the house yelling SHUT IT OFF!!! she was on the phone mad as hell.

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
i had a loud truck my old neighbor hated. he threw rocks at me once. my buddy had just gotten his 51 chevy(6-71 on a 355) running, just finished the exhaust, & whipped over to show me. he only lives a couple doors down, & my old hag neighbor(lives between us), comes out & bitches,"why don't you get a damn muffler?", to which i replied,"get a muffler? the damn thing's got TWO of 'em!"

·
Registered
826 Posts
I loaded up my alky injected SBF Falcon friday night to go to the Arlington Dragstrip Reunion. Of course, I HAD to go to the end of the block and turn around to get lined up with the trailer. Nothing nasty, a few light whacks between here and there.

As we're tying the car down a fairly new neighbor from the end of the block rolls up in his Toyota and stops. He leans out the window and says, "You gotta do that more often. That was fucking awesome!"

I gots good neighbors.

Murff

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
I've got 3 neighbors who definitely like the GMC. Many more slow down and stare into the garage when the door is up.

I'm sure there's some who don't like it, and that's fine. They haven't said anything about it yet. Maybe it's the "Protected by S&W" sign on the front door that keeps them from knocking.

·
hyperformanceracing.com
2,247 Posts
I've got 3 neighbors who definitely like the GMC. Many more slow down and stare into the garage when the door is up.

I'm sure there's some who don't like it, and that's fine. They haven't said anything about it yet. Maybe it's the "Protected by S&W" sign on the front door that keeps them from knocking.
Maybe its the weirdo that owns the truck that they're scared of? :) Hows it goin Bill?

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Maybe its the weirdo that owns the truck that they're scared of? :) Hows it goin Bill?
Could be that too Dan. Wish I could say it was going great. But, if you check out the tech section, we just spat out the carbon driveshaft yesterday. :(

I guess to put a positive spin on it... It was hooked up and making enough power to shred a carbon shaft! :supz:

·
hyperformanceracing.com
2,247 Posts
Could be that too Dan. Wish I could say it was going great. But, if you check out the tech section, we just spat out the carbon driveshaft yesterday. :(

I guess to put a positive spin on it... It was hooked up and making enough power to shred a carbon shaft! :supz:
If you are going to Benton soon, this fall, let me know and I'll come over and lend a hand.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Sounds good man, are you going to hit Benton?
Yeah. They scraped the line prior to last Sat. Nilla was all worried about traction. I walked out on the track after his burnout, and it damn near sucked my shoes off.

I swear that's the hardest hooking track in the state.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ok, mine begins about 6 years ago when I bought my house. I was born and raised on my family's farm and my closest neighbor was like a 1/2 mile away, so even though I went to school in a small town, living in the small town with neigbors was new to me.

I used to have a 78 Chevy 4x4 K20 that was just my truck I hunted in and plaed a bit in the mud. I built a streetable 383 that ran off pump as and raced it at a local sand drag track. One night my wife and I were headed out to go for a cruise and I had the truck idling in the drive for like 5 minutes warming up. We got ready to leave and my neighbor behind me (not next door) came in my yard and told me that she didn't think that thing was supposed to sound like that, so I politely turned the truck off and waited for my wife to finish getting ready. I few weeks goes by and I decide to take my truck for a spin. As I am driving through town I see a little note flapping between the wiper and windshield so I pull over to grab the note. The note reads "I have been getting numerous complaints about this truck being loud. Please take it to your family's farm and park it there" signed by the Chief of Police. Of course I didn't listen. The truck was street legal and I had bought my house and pay taxes just like everyone else. Anyway a maybe a month or so goes by and after a note or 2 on my front door about town noise ordinances, none of which I was violating, low and behold the Chief calls my wife at work. Keep in mind that I know the chief of police personally. He didn't even have the balls to call me, he had to get my wife all upset at work. When her boss, who happens to be the town mayor, asked what was wrong she proceded to tell him. He said he would take care of it. Low and behold, that has been like 4-5 years ago, and I have not had any problem since. Also right after he called my wife at work the police responded to a 911 call from my next door neighbors house, a really nice elderly lady who I kind of looked out for. When they couldn't get an answer at her door they came to my door at 6 AM on a Saturday. I get out of the bed and see like 4 cop cars in front of my house and I am like what the hell is going on here. As I go outside I see one of the cops looking under my truck and commented to the others..."he has mufflers, he's fine."

Well the truck is now gone, but I have an even louder car. I still get the occassional look, but I guess they have finally figured out they can't do shit. After all, I keep my property up better than some of the other phuckholes around the neighborhood.

·
Revolution Is My Name
20,381 Posts
In the last house I lived in I heard a complaint about coming home at 3:00 Am and waking everybody in the hood up. 3" flowmasters and a 3" system. It made my ears ring driving it. The 12 year old "girl next door" told me all about it. LOL!

My buddie next door said it rattled the pictures on his wall and knocked some of them off, but it was O.K. cus he was a NASCAR fan and he liked loud cars.

That was a street car.

I used to say "it scares women and makes children cry."

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had this old guy that lived next to me that was a real PITA.. I tried being a nice neighbor and told him I knew my truck was loud and since the exhaust came out on one side I would try and face it towards my house. (which I did 99% of the time). Well this one time I forgot something in the house and went in to get it, leaving my truck running with the exhaust facing his house.
He comes running over.. His wife thought it was thundering outside and scared her half to death...
I just shook my head.:confused:

Some people will never understand.

VINNIE

·
hyperformanceracing.com
2,247 Posts
Yeah. They scraped the line prior to last Sat. Nilla was all worried about traction. I walked out on the track after his burnout, and it damn near sucked my shoes off.

I swear that's the hardest hooking track in the state.
Let me know when you are going, later.

·
Registered
354 Posts
no problems here. when i fire up my car, the neighbors usually bring over a couple cases of bud
and enjoy the tuneup session lol.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
i live on a short dead end street( 7 houses on it) inside the city limits, but not a subdivision. i never crank anything up after 8 pm, or before lunch. never really knew but two of my nieghbors, one that lives across the road that my stepson backed into backing out of the driveway one day, and one of the neighbors that lives beside me. the rest of them wave in passing but that is about all. when i built my shop, the concrete trucks made a pretty good mess on the road. i came home from work the next day and one of the neighbors that lives past me came over and was raising hell at me about how he had to sweep the mud off the road. first time i ever talked to him, and i lived here for 3 years. he was a pretty big guy too. a buddy of mine brought me his mud race truck to swap the cam in.i waited until after lunch that saturday to break in the new cam. it ran for about 5 minutes at 2k and i look up and that nieghbor is in my shop. i thought oh fuck, and quickly shut it off. he started talking about how much he liked it and we talked about cars for a couple hours. i just knew when i looked up and saw him he was gonna kick my ass. now everytime he sees me outside he comes over to talk.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I was in HS in the late 70's, the goal with just about all of us was to get our cars as Loud as Possible! One friend of mine had a '69 Chevelle with Headers with 4' straight pipe dump offs under the doors! One night giving me a ride home he drops me off and I tell him to Stand on it! Boy did it light up the Neighborhood! I get in the house and Mom goes "What was THAT! About 30 seconds later one of the neighbors calls the house asking if that was one of my friends who made all that Noise! I told them it was some Jerk up the street!:rock:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I live at my shop. I have no neighbors! :)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts