Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you adjust valves on a 24 hp briggs and stratton???? Anywhere I could get some step by step instructions?

·
Banned
41,558 Posts
If you have a 24 hp briggs stratton intek v twinm here's how.

There is an adjustment nut on the valve rockers underneath the valve covers remove valve covers, and spark plugs, do one cylinder at a time, turn engine over by hand until top valve is completly pushed open, you can now adjust the lower"closed" valve, use a 13mm wrench and #30 torx, loosen jam nut use torx driver and set valve to .004 thousands with feeler guage, hold adjuster in place and tighten jam nut. recheck clearance, then rotate engine till lower valve opens completely and adjust top valve the same way, repeat on other cylinder, there is a good video on youtube or go to www.smalleng

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
24hp ELS725 is what the cover says

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I was hoping to print it off and run out to the garage with it

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have a 24 hp briggs stratton intek v twinm here's how.

There is an adjustment nut on the valve rockers underneath the valve covers remove valve covers, and spark plugs, do one cylinder at a time, turn engine over by hand until top valve is completly pushed open, you can now adjust the lower"closed" valve, use a 13mm wrench and #30 torx, loosen jam nut use torx driver and set valve to .004 thousands with feeler guage, hold adjuster in place and tighten jam nut. recheck clearance, then rotate engine till lower valve opens completely and adjust top valve the same way, repeat on other cylinder, there is a good video on youtube or go to www.smalleng
So are these instructions ok for my applications still?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well......................its fixed!! well sorta now i have a tire wth a hole in it.....................i cant cut a break this month

1 - 14 of 14 Posts