Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Busting balls
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure ill get pounded over this but, our township has "recycling" every week as im sure most of yous have. Well when you put your recycling out in the blue containers is that now the property of the township since they own the blue containers or is it public property?

I ask for a reason every week i see the same group of phucksticks rummaging through the recycling containers and taking all the bottles and metals. They in my mind are stealing from the township. Since every one has seperated trash from recycling these asshole stroll through dumping the containers in bags and heading off to the recycling yard and collecting a nice healthy check im sure..

Are they that fucking lazy and just get up hit a few block then hit the crack den and bars?

It just makes me sick to see these assholes stealing, not even hunting for metals cause we put it out so the township makes money off of them to keep taxes down.

Do you have any shit like this in your area? Is there anything i can do to stop these guys. there is about 10 pickups that come rolling around like rats looking for free cheese.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
Get their plate # and let the Cops decide if it's legal or not to pick through your trash,,,TLW

·
Sizeable Member
7,734 Posts
Does the Twp actually make money on that stuff or do the recycling facilities exist only to satisfy voting tree huggers?

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
They do the same thing where i live. Who cares they are poor and are trying to provide for their families. Move on douche bag or dont recycle make them go thru your trash if its that big of a deal

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
We have he same deal in my township, since the "Green Containers" are provided by the city it is city property whatever you put in it. The city workers like when they get first dibs on stuff ie furniture and appliances and semi valuable stuff. Our local news did a story on it when the rolling carts where being delivers for free a few years ago, you had to pay for a cart but the tote boxes were free in the past. We still have the "trash rats" but not as bad as it has been in the past.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Once it out there it fair game. You didn't want it then why cry about it now? You think these guys rummaging through it are getting rich?

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Save it up and take it to the recycle facility yourself if you dont like people taking it.

·
Sizeable Member
7,734 Posts
That's a stupid, irresponsible thing say.
I didn't SAY anything. I ASKED a question, so calm down.

Again, to the op, does the recycling facility make money or is it a financial burden? If it makes money for the twp, then I don't think I'd want anyone else taking the stuff for private gain. If not, then who cares?

·
Busting balls
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes it makes money for the township and helps cut taxes . Its not that i care if someone else is taking what i throw out my thing is two fold. The township makes money on it and secondly why should my trash pay for some meth or crack heads addiction. I highly doubt these people have families. I wouldnt mind if it was someone out of work or struggling christ we all struggle from time to time, but its these crack and meth heads selling it for a fix!

The same assholes that ask me for a couple of bucks everytime i come out of the gas station. Yes i said bucks thay arent interested in change. Hi rent addicts i guess youd say.

·
A Fine Example For Others
40,842 Posts
yes it makes money for the township and helps cut taxes . Its not that i care if someone else is taking what i throw out my thing is two fold. The township makes money on it and secondly why should my trash pay for some meth or crack heads addiction. I highly doubt these people have families. I wouldnt mind if it was someone out of work or struggling christ we all struggle from time to time, but its these crack and meth heads selling it for a fix!

The same assholes that ask me for a couple of bucks everytime i come out of the gas station. Yes i said bucks thay arent interested in change. Hi rent addicts i guess youd say.
I'm sorry that you are going thru this difficult time.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts