Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an infomercial on right now for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Jesus Christ they are so influential. I hate to see kids suffer. My heart strings have been tugged on. I donate to them regardless since we went through quite a bit to bring my great sons into this world. If there was a worthy charity I think they are one of the top ones. ANy children's charity is worthy in my opinion. Just my rambling but if you haven't looked into it, maybe you should, I am not affiliated with them in any way, just a guy that thinks kids deserve a chance at life.

·
Stackin' plates
13,859 Posts
I'd donate, but I got some lint and dust in my wallet and thats about it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Doesn't mean your a bitch, means you have a good heart.
And sorry but ditto on the lint, someday when my wife is done with school.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I donated $48 to them last year and got a 3 or 4yr. subscription to car and driver.

·
Dinosaur Mechanic
1,612 Posts
It's not just about the money, if you believe in something you can always volunteer. Thanks for helping however you can

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I donate a good amount EVERY year to Arkansas Childrens Hospital. My son was ran over by a truck pulling a gooseneck trailer in 08, he was med flighted to ACH and they done great things for him while he was there. I am embarrassed that it took something like that to open my eyes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to hear about your son Otisguy, it sometimes takes a tragedy for us to realize how precious life is. Glad he's doing much better.

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
I can relate all too well.
I have a lot to be very thankful for and have been helped in many ways over the years with everything from race cars to drive when mine broke during a points battle to people willingly giving/donating to my child that requires a LOT of medical attention. All of this has taught me to be a giver. Things really do have a way of coming around to those who deserve it.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
I donate to things like the ASPCA. Because people suck.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
A Bitch is someone who only cares about themselves. Nothing in the world wrong with wanting to help others.

·
Long Live The King
102,780 Posts
There is an infomercial on right now for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Jesus Christ they are so influential. I hate to see kids suffer. My heart strings have been tugged on. I donate to them regardless since we went through quite a bit to bring my great sons into this world. If there was a worthy charity I think they are one of the top ones. ANy children's charity is worthy in my opinion. Just my rambling but if you haven't looked into it, maybe you should, I am not affiliated with them in any way, just a guy that thinks kids deserve a chance at life.
I do my best to not give to any charity that has over 10% overhead. Do you know how much of every dollar they get goes to the cause, or are they a business that the CEO makes $250k+ per year?

G

·
Long Live The King
102,780 Posts
^^^

Read page 32

G

1 - 18 of 18 Posts