Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But that is where I am stumped at. There is no airhorn (no milling or cut marks anywhere) and the bleeders are screw-in...not pressed in. The metering blocks and bowels look original...it was a double-pumper but has the 50cc pumps on both bowels.

Here are the numbers in the upper area of the body itself
on primary side - 1565 (driver side) CFS (pass side)

over where the choke would be is stamped 5533 B

on side of main body is P-32

Metering blocks are

6543 (L) 6501 (R)

8542 (L) 8543 (R)

Thanks guys!!

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
Looks like an 830 annular discharge

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Looks like one of their "Chokeless Race Carburetors" that has the tower milled off. An HP-style main body doesn't have the straight center divider. It also looks like the choke rod hole has been filled & blended - they came with a small plate pressed in to seal that off. I have a 750 version of that carb (list #9379) that needed a new baseplate. I bought it directly from Holley for less than $60 - Jeg's & Summit both wanted about $100. Call Holley in the morning, and check out this chart:

http://www.holley.com/data/TechService/Technical/Carb%20Numerical%20Listing.pdf

·
Registered
763 Posts
Measure the venture and post what the size is. It is annual booster carb, but not sure what Old school means, sounds like bad advise to me.. the classic DP holleys dont have screw in air bleeds. Mostly the HP's only, or special race carbs.
If you use a old school base plate you probably wont get it to idle well. The "Old School" carbs spoken of doesnt have 4 corner idle, that one does. The base plates are diff. The replacement base plate will be as much as the carbs net worth at this point. Call AED they have some used parts and have what you need, or atleast tell you what will work.
But dont use Old School parts, what ever that means..LOL

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
The old school 830 was 4 corner idle, they were press in bleeds, someone drilled and installed screw in on that carb. Air horn was milled off that is why there is no list # on it.

Should be 9381

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
The old school 830 was 4 corner idle, they were press in bleeds, someone drilled and installed screw in on that carb. Air horn was milled off that is why there is no list # on it.

Should be 9381
Yea, what he said.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts

Should be 9381
9381 = Chokeless Race Carb. I can't believe the 830 is over $50 cheaper than the 750.

A regular baseplate with the correct butterfly size can be converted to 4-corner idle very easily for free. You may or may not have to install the PV blowout protection yourself. I think it's worth the cost of a new baseplate if you want to use it yourself, but if you're looking to rebuild & sell it, it may not be worth your time unless you got it for free. You have an improved carb if the venturis & metering blocks haven't been hacked.

·
Stuck in Lidsville
3,087 Posts
IMHO.....................Junk that MF !
You are begging for leaks and tuning difficulties due to internal warpage, porosity, piss poor Holley zink quality etc.

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
IMHO.....................Junk that MF !
You are begging for leaks and tuning difficulties due to internal warpage, porosity, piss poor Holley zink quality etc.
i agree, i used 830's in the past, never really cared for them,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts