Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watchin Fox and the families are saying how unsafe the mines are .........they are sueing........the miners knew the risk involved.....income from that area is $17,000 a year.......miners there starting pay is $50,000 a year......don't get me wrong (I wouldn't do it for a million a year) but don't start trashin the mines that gave you a better standard of living and say they were unsafe......you knew it before now......Am I outta line here??? Should this be in the Political Section??

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
I don't think you're outta line Jimmy.... but, I don't think we have the whole story to make a judgement. Maybe there are some obvious saftey regulations and issues that they are not following. ??

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure.....it should have been addressed before now......some of these families were talkin Lawsuit already.........maybe I'm outta line with my thinkin on how some people mourn......chit I was cheering at 1am this morning like they were my own Family

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
The scumbag lawyers were booking flights there before the flame front of the methane explosion had subsided.

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
i believe they said the mine company was sighted 200+ times for unsafe working conditions and safety violations and was only fined 3000 bucks, makes you wonder who's palm was getting greased to only get that small a fine. i wouldnt do it for a living either but its all some of those people know how to do. i dont care what they say you can not make that job safe no matter what you do!!!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I've got a freind that works in the WV coal mines. Not that one, he likes workin there the money is alot better than anything else in the area but it is dangerous. The things they cite the mines for and fine them for are just little petty things in most cases. He told me that if it were a big violation the fines would be astronomical. Also as with any unionized job the employees have leverage and will not work in a known or perceived hazardous situation. I think what happened there was just one of the things that can and sometimes do happen in that line of work. As for the lawsuits, we live in a litigous society. Lawsuits are a given in that kind of situation.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Don't forget, the current owners of that mine have had it just more than 30 days. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out, say a year from now.

·
Registered
19,905 Posts
it always amazes me how somebody can be sooooo sad over losing someone, but the thought of a lawsuit and big money more than makes up for it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts