Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the back threads on this site for around a straight week now, and the knowledge here is rediculous. Now if you would, please give me what tune you would reccomend for a safe 275 setup on my car. Thanks alot in advance. I am in the process of ordering steves flow tool. Just a little case of phone tag going on.

Specs include

455 pontiac 65 over
h beams
eagle cast crank
filled block
good bolts thruout
Kre High port heads
cam is 260ish 670ish on a 108
Victor 4150 intake with an adaptor and a 1050 dominator
a1000 to a aero carb reg to a 12-803 holley reg to the nitrous
4150 big shot plate and noids
I run 31 degrees of timing on motor

th350
chance pro mod 10.5 inch converter

32-14 tire
ladder bar
4.10 gear

msd pro billet
msd digi 6
hvc coil
ngk-5671-10

Please let me know if you need anything else. I have always ran the nos supplied jetting with good luck. But i have never sprayed more than 225. I am stepping up a little and would like all the help i can get.

Thanks fellas

Oh and steve i will try to call you again monday.....Justin

·
Registered
824 Posts
Another pontiac guy!

Your motor sounds close to my old motor. I had e-heads and a 4150 carb and a little less compression.

It ran low tens, high 9's on the motor and with a Big shot plate kit with 82 squared and 8* out from 38* of base timing and flowing 6-3/4 pounds. it ran 9.40s with that tune up.

Just be careful with that crank they don't live very long with a bunch of spray.

Have you tried running more base timing on the motor and see if it ran faster?

How much do your High Ports flow?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Another pontiac guy!

Your motor sounds close to my old motor. I had e-heads and a 4150 carb and a little less compression.

It ran low tens, high 9's on the motor and with a Big shot plate kit with 82 squared and 8* out from 38* of base timing and flowing 6-3/4 pounds. it ran 9.40s with that tune up.

Just be careful with that crank they don't live very long with a bunch of spray.

I agree that crank won't hold for very long.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I agree that crank won't hold for very long.
Is it stronger than a cast factory crank? I sprayed 300 on one of those for 5 years and never hurt a single part. 5600 lb 1974 Grand Prix, power windows, power locks, tilt, cruise, a/c, heavy steel wheels and all, it had a .030 over 455 with forged pistons, stock rods resized with arp's, 6x heads, hydraulic cam, mallory ignition, edelbrock dual plane, holley 750 mech. sec. 400 Turbo with a TCI Converter. Ran 7.0's in the eighth mile all night long. Drive it to the track and bolt 9 inch slicks on it. And this was back in the early nineties. Back when 6.60's was a killer fast street car.

·
Registered
824 Posts
You sprayed a 300 HP shot on stock rods?

I'd take a stock crank over the chinese eagle crank anyday.

I sprayed 225 for three years and after three years though the stock crank had spider webs all through it when we magged it, but I did have eagle rods with good bolts.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, i took the car out last night. Made a solo hit on 82n 91f big shot plate. c 16 fuel, 5lbs flowing fuel and 10 degrees taken out from 31. 950 psi....It seemed to run good. But the plugs look fat. Had orange flame out the drivers side about 200ft out and on till the 660 when i shut it off. I also blew a drivers side header gasket, because the bolts backed out, didnt actually blow the gasket.

Now, would the header leak cause the flame? Or was it in the tune up. I usually only take 9 degrees out and i run 5.5 flowing with around a 1000-1050 psi.

Are flames caused by a fat or lean condition, or because of too little timing? Thanks

I should have some video of it up later today or tomorrow to kinda show more of what i am talking about.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another pontiac guy!

I have tried a little more timing on motor, and it didnt seem to like it. My high ports flow 365 at max lift. Would you reccomend the 82 squared over the nos 225 tune? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts