Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEED SOME PROS AND CONS HERE BOYS. I DO HAVE EFI ON IT KNOW BUT,I CANT DECIDE IF I SHOULD GO WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW OR THE MODERN TECH STUFF,:confused:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Many things you can do with fuel curves on efi to make the engine happy that you can't do on carbs. If you have the engine you could always run four 2 barrel tbs like you would with split carbs. The tb's flow a lot more air than the carbs also. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
No matter how many CFM the carbs or throttle bodies will flow, the engine only uses what it's asking for. I don't know that either is faster than the other but it's easier to get a happier engine across the entire RPM range with EFI providing it's mapped correctly. We run splits and it's hard to justify the $7K or so to convert over. When we purchase a new bullet if we find one with EFI it might be a good time to jump.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I say give scotty g a call, I see ur up north so u see how consistent Sam. G is in the chevelle!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
EFI has come along way. I feel like there is enough stuff to tune on a pro mod card like clutch, 7531, msd grid, down load racepak, add fuel, cool converter down (if thats what you have) charge battery etc etc without having the added issue of tuning an efi. I looked into them real hard about 2 years back and it was a cost of like 12-14k. On the other hand I have splits on my 867 and have no wires or program to worry about, it just flat out runs good. Good luck to you though.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EFI has come along way. I feel like there is enough stuff to tune on a pro mod card like clutch, 7531, msd grid, down load racepak, add fuel, cool converter down (if thats what you have) charge battery etc etc without having the added issue of tuning an efi. I looked into them real hard about 2 years back and it was a cost of like 12-14k. On the other hand I have splits on my 867 and have no wires or program to worry about, it just flat out runs good. Good luck to you though.
thats what i'm talking about,how much more work is it to get the ingectors and fuel curves right ,and how many of you guys burnt stuff up getting thier..

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
thats what i'm talking about,how much more work is it to get the ingectors and fuel curves right ,and how many of you guys burnt stuff up getting thier..
5 years and not even a burn spark plug.... You can change your fuel settings much quicker with an lap-top than you can flowing fuel into a jug.... With the info out there now it's not any longer getting the efi system right than it does carbs. Most always dyno there engines with carbs, you do the same with efi system.. Now is there more wires yes, is there more fuel lines and regulators NO. It all comes down to what you want and know. Electrics is the FUTURE IN RACING, look at how many didn't want anything to do with the 7531 boxes!!!! Look at all the data-loggers/ electrics is everywhere now days. Good luck....

·
Registered
605 Posts
How many full passes have you made and how fast have you went so far with your 867 and splits ?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I agree for some people it seems overwhelming at first but once you get the basics it is all down hill. The main thing is not rushing and getting a good baseline to work from. As far as time in between rounds download the run couple of clicks on the old keyboard and back to flipping hot dogs.

KG

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
How many full passes have you made and how fast have you went so far with your 867 and splits ?

I have been struggling with new car blues and having to work all the time. No full runs yet. Best to date is a 4.37 pedaling it at 2.4 secs out then off the throttle, .97 sixty ft on 2 systems with an incredible amount of timing out of it. Hell it wouldnt matter if I had splits or efi with the front end not being square, lenco jumping out of gear, relay board dying, rain, etc

Better luck to you guys though
Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts