Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bowtie block that was going to be dry sump. everything doesnt fit between the frame rail so im going to go back wet sump, no problem, and before i go to far the oil filter housing has been milled off the block and there is two holes in the block. my question is would i have a problem blocking off the top hole in the side of the block and running a line out of the bottom hole to the oil filter then to the oil cooler and then back into the front of the block above the timing cover?? would the motor oil right???? i know that would put primary oiling to the main so ive been told??(thats where the dry sump oil pressure line went ) im sure i would need to run a pump that is atleast 25%+standard volume.

so what does everyone think, would it work and oil right or do i need to just go back in the top hole and let it oil like it was meant to??
thanks, dwight

·
Registered
337 Posts
you will be fine putting oil into this main passage hole. You will be doing the same thing the dry sump system was as far as introducing oil into the engine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i was thinking ive just never seen it done before. has anyone one done it this way???

·
Registered
107 Posts
What about running an external oil pump like a Peterson? I run the external with two scavenge stages, their Wide Vac pump, you get reliable easy to adjust oil pressure with the vacuum all off one mandrel and a single 1" gilmer belt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts