Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With oil restrictors in a sbc with a solid roller should you see much oil getting to the rocker arms? Got the motor running and cannot see much if any oil getting to the rocker arms? Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
You should see some but not as much as normal but when you take the valve covers off they still should be some puddling of oil in the head. Its hard to explain without seeing it in person try and post a pic.

What block are you running if its a dart I would take the restrictors out.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i know on a sbf you have to notch the lifters alot of times, probably have to do the same on a chevy im guessing. base circle on the cam is small and lifter goes down in bore too far and block the oil from going through. wiht a drill you will see oil coming out of the top of the rocker

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Using comp lifters that said they were
for street and marine use
when i had the issue i had comp cam and comp lifters. still had the problem. i had to machine the sides of the lifters so it opened the oil band a lil bit more. i recently bought some jesels lifters and if you look the oil band area is alot bigger so the lifter can move alot more up and down and not block the oil from going around it. just an idea, like i said im not familiar with chevy motors but i would def look into it before you tear up your rockers arms and pushrods

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
What size restrictors are you using? I don't use any at all as a street engine does need oil to cool down springs and prevent rocker failure..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts