Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a problem. Car has been to the track 4 times and run 10:36 @130 with no incident. Last time out bumped the timing from 34 to 36 degrees 3rd run oil started pushing itself out of the distributor hole in the intake. We replaced the distributor O rings and dist. gasket. Same problem keeps happening. I told him he has an internal oiling problem but not sure what it could be. The motor is a 572 BB Chevy crate engine with a slightly larger cam. He is shifting at 6800 so he is not over revving it drastically. Any help or ideas woul be apreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
what about oil pressure switch?

I know there is oil pressure switch next to distributor on small block chevy but I don't remember if it is the same for big block chevy.......sorry...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, no oil pressure switch hole or leak. Can free rev engine and at higher rpm's can see oil spitting out of the dist. hole. Engine was fine and clean fist 4 times at the track. It was never messed with.

·
Registered
763 Posts
sounds to me like he has too much positve pressure in the crank case. Might be a bad evac valve pressurizing the crank case, or rings could be shot.....

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
There should be no pressure inside the motor to push any oil out. So is the motor well vented so there is no internal pressure in the crankcase? Is the distributor sealing in the galley of the block so oil can't somehow push out there and spray oil at he distributor base?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He does have the stock GM 572 valve covers with the street baffles cast in them. Told him to change that. Motor is fairly new so rings should be OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts