Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good friend who has been battling what I feel is an oil return issue on his street/strip car. He did a compression and leakdown test after he noticed a little smoke (motor is pretty fresh) and the tests came back fine. The turbo's are mounted very low and after changing some things around the oil smoke has started to show up more. Usually when making a hard corner etc. Which makes me think the oil wont drain back in high g conditions. What are some affordable options to get the oil back to the pan. Car is running twin t70's. Will 1 pump work? If so what is the best way to set it up? Thanks guys.

Andrew

·
Registered
861 Posts
I used to run a little motor to push the oil back into the pan, I forgot which brand it was though. I had my turbos mounted lower than the drain. I do remember it flowed about 2gpm.

·
Registered
429 Posts
This is the best pump on the market -

We run this pump on everything from rear mount daily driven street cars to Carlos Z's TT outlaw vette. No problems, even supplying twin large frames to one pump.

I would come off the turbos, Y into the pump and then push the oil wherever you need it. PM me if you need more info.

We have sold plenty of these to other YB members and everyone has been very happy with the quality and reliability.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
This is the best pump on the market -

We run this pump on everything from rear mount daily driven street cars to Carlos Z's TT outlaw vette. No problems, even supplying twin large frames to one pump.

I would come off the turbos, Y into the pump and then push the oil wherever you need it. PM me if you need more info.

We have sold plenty of these to other YB members and everyone has been very happy with the quality and reliability.
Looks nice. Can it be sent out with -10 to 3/8"NPT instead of the -6? Not a big deal to get my own, but it'd be nice. :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Kurtis,

It does ship with the -6, but I can always leave them out (take some off the price) and you can supply the fittings you need.

Thanks!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Can you use one pump to drain two 88mm turbo's

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks, I just ordered one.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Think he ended up ordering one from you as well. I know he got one and he said it was the carterrace unit so I'm assuming he got it from you. He is just trying to find a place to put it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Very cool. It isn't huge but it does take up some room to mount. Let him know that it can be mounted in any orientation, so if it fits somewhere, put it there!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, I got it last week. Now I just have to move some stuff around to find a place to mount it.
Good Looking pump.

Thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts