Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of the everwear gear on a bullet cam. Saw something on here a couple days ago about one that was for sale and said you did not need to use a bronze gear with that. Ii was going to call John tomorrow and ask about my bullet cam but thought I askk here as well.

Also, High Volume pump or High Pressure, street/strip small block chevy solid roller?? Generally speaking.

James

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think Comp Cams has what you are talking about....some kind of composite dist gear.I would go with a high pressure pump,but not high volume.
Good luck,Grant

·
Registered
471 Posts
With the higher pressure or volume pumps your going to put more load on the gear........You don't need 100lbs of oil press.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Has anyone ever heard of the everwear gear on a bullet cam. Saw something on here a couple days ago about one that was for sale and said you did not need to use a bronze gear with that. Ii was going to call John tomorrow and ask about my bullet cam but thought I askk here as well.

Also, High Volume pump or High Pressure, street/strip small block chevy solid roller?? Generally speaking.

James
We have bought roller cams from Bullet with the everwear gears and the Melling select 10552 is a 10% more volume pump which we do use alot and since this pump came out we have not used any of the 25% more volume pumps.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I ask is that I have been told by multiple people to use a High Pressure and Not HV, but my old egine had an HV and I had no issues. It was a melling from before the casting change. I am going to try the melling select high pressure this time as recommended by the machine shop/builder I used for the rotator.

So CNC BLOCKS, do you use just a standard steel gear on the distributor with those bullet cams?? That is what Iw as told by someone and I new to solid roller and don't want to screw it up.

Thanks
James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts