Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Originally thought this was oil on this plug. Did a compression test and a leak down, everything seems in order. So now I'm second guessing what it is? Did the fire go out and fouled with fuel?? Might be weak or bad plug wire? I don't have an ohm meter at the moment. Car didn't miss that I noticed. It was a nitrous pass, and car fell off pretty good. Try the best you can with the pics I have. I didn't use a flash. All three pics are same plug. Just different angles. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
it looks fat but it could be other issues post this over in the nitrous section with some more combo info and im sure steve and Monte will help you get on the right track . how's was it running before this?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was still shaking it down. It lost over 5mph. In the 1/8th. That was the only plug that was even close to looking that. The others looked like this:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. Sbf. Yates c3 heads. Cylinder number 2. As long as you don't think its oil. That's my main concern. It just looked too bad to be anything else. That was about the 8th pass. Never had one look like that. And the pass before this one, it looked fine. Maybe a tad fat. Nothing crazy. Only change I made was one degree back in, overall, and took two out of number 7.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
get with steve or monte on this one they will give you better advice than I ever could . I would try to get to the porcelain with your finger to see if it is fact oil too

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. Was thinking it wasn't really nitrous related.

·
Registered
517 Posts
make sure you check the basics rockers, plug wire, etc. if its getting fire to the plug wire i would pull the valve cover. looks like fuel to me.
broke a polylock on number 2 cyl about a month ago and fuel fouled a plug. had good compression. pulled valve cover and found rocker hanging out on top off the head.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. Checked rockers and lash. All good. Only thing I haven't done is check plug wire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts