Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
El-conquistador, sir
17,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is part 2, I went to the GMC dealership today. They said it was thier filter and Mobil 1 does not use a Delco parts. They also agree the filter is old not new. All thier filters lined up are squeaky clean nice labels. It also has what they called a factory red stripe on the o-ring. They also verified the oil had more then 25 miles, obviously. They gave me the original filter and an oil sample as it ran from my pan.

Pictures below are the oil, the MOBIL 1 EXPRESS LUBE CENTERS ticket stating they put on a MOBIL 1 filter and 5.5 qts of MOBIL 1 oil. And then the ticket from the dealership with thier info. The MOBIL 1 even charged me 2.50 for disposing of my old oil and filter, very good since they left both on and in my truck. At least I got the managers discount. I sure would like a reply from all readers on this because I want someones attention sooner or later about the shady practice. I learned to either do it myself, or take it to the dealer from now on. Also when they changed it the 2nd time at the MOBIL 1. When they put oil back in while I was standing there, it was only a quart, because my oil was 1 quart over full today.

REMEMBER THIS OIL HAS ONLY 25 MILES ON IT.

·
Registered
22,631 Posts
Call the local TV station, they LOVE doing these types of reports.

·
Registered
227 Posts
because i work in a dealership, of course im gonna say take it to the dealer for service. now that i got that out of the way, if your not one to do it yourself and i know plenty of people that are capable of changing their own oil but just want to. be sure to check the work before you leave the lot of where it was done. as far as dealing with the lube stop. i would definitly go as high up the corporate ladder as possible. you should get your money back. i also think someone should lose their job over something like that. charging someone for work that wasnt performed is illeagal.

·
WHAT NOW ?
16,286 Posts
Are these mobil one stores franchised like jiffy jerks ? IM betting your not alone here. I would go up the corporate ladder on this one. also make a call to your states department of consumer sales & file a complaint.

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
Oil is black, work order says "5.0 - 5W30 Blk 5W30". Looks like a match to me :smt119

·
All juice no seed
1,000 Posts
Oil is black, work order says "5.0 - 5W30 Blk 5W30". Looks like a match to me :smt119

Pretty Sure That means Bulk oil...

None of my cars have nor ever will see the inside of a quicky lube.

it takes 10 mins and the shit is done right.

can't be that hard to get rid of the waste oil.

I take mine to work :p

(I am a professional Truck Mechanic)

·
Registered
187 Posts
since it is a franchise, contact the francise owner (can google it) and make a complaint with the evidence against the store (franchsee). Corporate office will do something about it. might not hurt to mention that you think this may systemic and the local news may be interested in an investigation on all the franchisee shops. saw something like that on a bunch of franchisee's in a california news report and i beleive the franchise licenses were pulled from some of the locations.

·
having fun
31,275 Posts
did they rub theyre greasy hands all over the air filter as they told you it was dirty and needed replaceing?

fucken grubby thieves-i hate quick lube type places for this reason

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
so who owns a hot rod and extra wheels , brings there shit to ANYONE to change the oil ???? add the word : PRIDE here............. 52 years old and still underneath my rides.................................$.02 worth !!!

·
having fun
31,275 Posts
so who owns a hot rod and extra wheels , brings there shit to ANYONE to change the oil ???? add the word : PRIDE here............. 52 years old and still underneath my rides.................................$.02 worth !!!

spilled my own oil on my hands hrs ago ,then up all night pulling a motor in a thunderbird----THATS THINKING WITH YOUR DIPSTICK JIMMY

im a bit delerious right now,dont mind me:rolleyes:

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,112 Posts
Call the local TV station, they LOVE doing these types of reports.
THIS IS THE ONLY STRONG THREAT TO MAKE TO THE STORE OWNER......WHAT YOUR ASKING FOR I HAVE NO IDEA....BUT YOU NEED TO BURN THESE PHUCKERS! :)

·
Senior Frog
10,316 Posts
LAZY,thats whats wrong with so many people today,always looking to take a short cut........
I ALWAYS check for a new filter,especially if the dealer is doing the work like on my dooly

I agree with capslock.........U need to burn them fkers where it hurts in the wallet !

·
Registered
889 Posts
Unless you are doing it yourself, you have to expect this to happen. Its the chance you take not getting your hands dirty. When I worked at a dealership a few years back I ran into to this problem alot. Most of the cases were from wal-mart. Factory filter was still on but they made damn sure to put a half tube of silicone around the drain plug.

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
This is why I change my own oil on everything from my lawn mower to my motorcycle. Plus, when I am under there sometimes I find a loose fastener or something that needs attention (like brakes!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts