Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To play a scrimmage game today.:rolleyes: Come on Urban Meyer, I know FL A&M loved the money, but what a crock of crap. No team should be paid almost a million dollars to play a scrimmage game to make the other team look good. Guess thats one way to keep your #4 ranking.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ohio year after year their schedule appears hand picked. They are one of the "chosen" to always be there one way or another.

·
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
4,967 Posts
To play a scrimmage game today.:rolleyes: Come on Urban Meyer, I know FL A&M loved the money, but what a crock of crap. No team should be paid almost a million dollars to play a scrimmage game to make the other team look good. Guess thats one way to keep your #4 ranking.

Your an idiot plan and simple :smt071

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Your an idiot plan and simple :smt071
I thought the schedules are make 3,4 or 5 years in advance? Doesn't everyone schedule out of conference give me games to start with?

·
Registered
3,310 Posts

OSU was suppose to play Vanderbilt which is a better team than fl a&m , vandy back out so they went with fl a&m....when OSU picked a&m they also wanted them to bring what is suppose to be a very good band half time show , but because of the hazing incident the band can't travel..

·
Registered
47,709 Posts
The money wasn't for the game, it was to see the FAMU band dance like a bunch of retards on crack....:p

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Some of you people are complete idiots. Florida A&M jumped at the chance to play Ohio State in Columbus. Why, MONEY!!! A lot of the smaller schools would not be able to have a sports program if it was not for instances like this where they can get a big payout for a game. Ever wonder why these games are always played on the big school's field? MORE FANS MEANS MORE MONEY!!!

Don't rush to any conclusions but just think about this for awhile.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts

obviously your an idiot. every big college program does it.alot of the schedules are made 3-5 yrs out. maybe a&m needs to step up there program. and btw, the athletic director schedules the games not the coach dumbass! the proper way of writing it is $900,000 not 900.000. i know osu pays all the small schools about this much. the small schools actually call osu because they want the money for their schools.dont post up crap if you dont know what you are talking about.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
there was a team that got paid more this weekend. A&M got 900K and someone got 965

Two things,
1) this is why i hate college football
2) according to everyone on yellowbullet because no one here played college football at that level we shouldnt have an opinion on it

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
obviously your an idiot. every big college program does it.alot of the schedules are made 3-5 yrs out. maybe a&m needs to step up there program. and btw, the athletic director schedules the games not the coach dumbass! the proper way of writing it is $900,000 not 900.000. i know osu pays all the small schools about this much. the small schools actually call osu because they want the money for their schools.dont post up crap if you dont know what you are talking about.
This^^^^^every big school does it to bring in the small school sacrificial lambs.

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
Taken from an article, not trying to say anything other than make the point that it's a normal activity for schools to make money for their smaller program when playing larger schools....

Idaho, however, will be playing a slew of SEC schools, according to game contracts obtained by the Idaho Statesman from the university. The Vandals have game contracts with LSU (in 2012), Mississippi (in 2013), Florida (in 2014) and Auburn (in 2015).

Idaho will be paid $925,000 for the game against LSU, $850,000 for the game against Mississippi, $975,000 for the game against Florida and $1 million for the game with Auburn.

Idaho will receive $800,000 for a game against North Carolina this year as well as $500,000 from BYU and $125,000 from Bowling Green.

The Vandals are paying Wyoming $150,000 and Eastern Washington $150,000 for games this year, so they will net more than $2 million in game guarantees in 2012.

Idaho has also had discussions with Florida State about a future contest, though Spear said there is "nothing firm."

Boise State's nonconference schedule

Read more here: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/20...h_state_play_football_2014_2015#storylink=cpy

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
As stated already, all BCS power conference schools bring in at least 1 and usually 2 non-conference games as tune-up games. These sacrificial lambs make big money on it.... Florida A&M getting paid $ 900,000 for this game is by far and away the biggest payday they will receive this year. What they make when playing another small conference team in a home games is a small fraction of that. They need that money. This is a sharing of the wealth type thing in college football.

Plus, you have the glimmer of a hope Cinderella story that could be written. Just ask Kansas State and North Dakota State 3 weeks ago.... Their biggest payday of the year and they won the game as icing on the cake. :p

·
Registered
957 Posts
You really are out of touch and clearly do not follow college sports. Obviously jealous of THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!

·
Registered
9,892 Posts
You really are out of touch and clearly do not follow college sports. Obviously jealous of THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!
^^^^^^^^Fuck You^^^^^^

Ohio is ranked 4th ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't play at least 1 team ranked in the top 25 YOU should not be in the top 25.

Look at what Florida , Georgia, SC, LSU, Auburn, Bama have to do.

Again FUCK YOU

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
This is probably one of the most retarded post's ever on the bullet. You must be a Michigan fan!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts