Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recommended to Ohio Crankshaft by someone on this site. I just wanted anyone's opnion on there short block and there products in general. The prices look very good and they seem to have a good reputation. We are looking at buying not 1 but 2-434 SBC short blocks in the very near future.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shawn. I keep looking but can't find anybody with a complaint.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
I have found that they sell a lot of BB stuff with good feedback it is harder to find people that use the SB stuff not that it was bad or good I just couldn't find anyone that used it I posted on board's two year's ago looking for the same thing and asking the same question's with no luck so with a limited budget I had little choice so I was the test rat 4340 crank $425 4340 H beam rod's $325 it was cheap and I by no mean's am saying it's as good or better than the top brand's but it did hold up 800 hp NA with another 400+ squirt 8000+ rpm with no problem's I did have a oiling issue but that was in the block and I spun a bearing and broke a rod not the fault of the rod just a buy product of a bad oiling system so I bought another crank and set of rod's I still use that same crank but upgraded to Oliver rod's I not sure what your application is but they are a fine piece for the money just remember you get what you pay for there's a reason Oliver and Carrilo's cost $1200+ and these are $325 :wink:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ihave their 434 sbc short block. Love IT! I have put over 10,000 miles on it, ran at least 50 bottles through it, I make around 875-900 hp, or whatever it takes to run low 9's with a 3,520 lb street car. It has been great in every way, especially for the money!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You guys for the opnions. Money is always a concern with my racing effort and this seems to be the most econimical way for me to go right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts