Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:devil: Ohio Boys Racing From Manifolds To Headers :devil:

"Ohio Boy’s Racing" Mark Koehler contacted me right before the Christmas Holidays inquiring about switching his current turbo setup from 6.0L manifolds to Custom Tube headers for his new engine Combo. I was glad to be given the opportunity to work on one of the Highest Profile LSX Drag Radial Cars in the game.
I will let Mark fill in the specifics as he see’s fit. Along with Mark’s car I will be starting a set of headers for Mike Browns Drag Radial TA.

Here are some Pics of the Car and Customs headers.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Funny. Doesn't everyone know, when regarding turbo headers on LS engines, that it is very apparent that the bang for the buck just isn't there with our stuff. :smt082:finga:

Looks good Josh!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
how fast has this car gone with the stock truck exhaust manifolds?

·
Registered
715 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I think he went some 7.30's at 189, most impressive part to me was he did it with a HYDRAULIC ROLLER camshaft with Harland Sharp rockers! TFS 245's and a Super Victor out of the box too.

I'm sure the KUP custom stud girdle helped the rockers live. :D

http://www.planetlsx.com/vehicles/Show_nGo___Mark_Koehlers_Extreme_7_Second_Firebird/102
that is an amazing car. im shocked that the truck manifolds can go that fast. I cant wait to see how much it picks up with the headers.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Josh, this is the kind of stuff I like to see. You're well deserving of everything involving this build..........and the prestige that goes along with it.

Shearer, your time cometh, be patient.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I thought his time had already cometh with the SAM car? What's the status of that thing?

If it runs like the all motor car, it will be a contender for sure.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think he went some 7.30's at 189, most impressive part to me was he did it with a HYDRAULIC ROLLER camshaft with Harland Sharp rockers! TFS 245's and a Super Victor out of the box too.

I'm sure the KUP custom stud girdle helped the rockers live. :D

http://www.planetlsx.com/vehicles/Show_nGo___Mark_Koehlers_Extreme_7_Second_Firebird/102
And you were responsible for the heads and intake for that combo...thank you again for everything!

Slight correction in both directions...fastest was 194.9mph, quickest was 7.50 flat. It had 40's in it but the fuel system couldn't handle it....just ask my pistons,lol

There is no doubt on the Rockers...Kurt spent some time figuring on how to control the deflection in the simple tie-bar Harland Sharps....never had a problem with those...even at 8000rpm by accident a few times,lol.

Stay in touch Brian

·
Registered
303 Posts
Funny. Doesn't everyone know, when regarding turbo headers on LS engines, that it is very apparent that the bang for the buck just isn't there with our stuff. :smt082:finga:

Looks good Josh!
Ron....I have been trying to get Ray to turn that damn thing up! He has a clear plastic box over the AMS that you need a key to get into, kinda like when you don't want people messing with the air conditioning,lol

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Ron....I have been trying to get Ray to turn that damn thing up! He has a clear plastic box over the AMS that you need a key to get into, kinda like when you don't want people messing with the air conditioning,lol
Maybe that old fart will hike up his skirt this year :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Wasn't meant that way at all! There is no one more deserving to get the job than Josh. He's been hard at work on these cars for a very long time. Most of my statement was a quote that Mark said to me a while back on a different forum. Having a little fun!

I thought his time had already cometh with the SAM car? What's the status of that thing?
And it came out sweet IMO. Last I heard it is at the chassis shop..

:smt082

1 - 20 of 28 Posts