1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Monty Mikho's #1 fan
18,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Official Statements Released by NMRA Technical Department
8\14\08

HALFACRE SUSPENDED FOR FAILING TO COOPERATE WITH TEARDOWN

The NMRA Technical Committee has formally confirmed the decision of Promedia regarding the protest and teardown non-compliance infraction on Jarrett Halfacre’s Super Street Outlaw '93 Ford Mustang that occurred at the Nitto Tire NMRA Ford Nationals at Atco Raceway in Atco, NJ on August 09, 2008.

The NMRA’s Head Technical inspector was provided an Official Protest Letter against Mr. Halfacre’s vehicle. Upon inspection of the vehicle it was discovered to have what appeared to be a solenoid which may not be in compliance with the rule on page 58 of the 2008 NMRA Rulebook, where under NITROUS OXIDE, it reads in-part, "NITROUS OXIDE: If entry is entered as a non-nitrous entry, all solenoids, lines, fittings, and bottles must be removed prior to technical inspection and any competition runs.” And whereas the high pressure line apparently attached to said device was not verifiable due to containment area, and the high pressure line could not be 100% verified that it did not connect to the engine or induction system which could violate the rule on page 58 of the 2008 NMRA Rulebook, where under NITROUS OXIDE, it reads in part, “Nitrous oxide may not be used in conjunction with any other power adder.” And page 56 where under Class Overview it reads in part “Super Street Outlaw is designed for single power adder ……Fox and/or Mustang-based vehicles.”

Upon finding what appeared to be a solenoid of some sort, along with high-pressure lines that could not be verified, Mr. Halfacre was asked to disassemble the vehicle further for inspection. Mr. Halfacre was non compliant in any further technical inspection. Once Mr. Halfacre refused further inspection he was informed of the options for further action. With this knowledge Mr. Halfacre denied any further inspection. This action is in direct violation of section B.5 TECH INSPECTION “During the initial tech procedure, the NMRA staff reserves the right to inspect any and every portion of the competing vehicle to ensure rules compliance, including teardowns, weight checks, P&G cubic-inch checks, etc. Do not enter your vehicle for competition if you are not prepared to prove the legality and compliance of your vehicle. During the running of the event, prior, during, or after the qualifying and/or eliminations the NMRA reserves the right to inspect, seal for inspection, and/or teardown any racer’s vehicle for any reason, or impound any vehicle and/or parts as deemed necessary.”

Therefore, the following penalties are imposed in addition to the disqualification, and removal of points from the Nitto Tire NMRA Ford Nationals event:

1. Competition privileges are suspended for a period of Two years, beginning on August 8, 2008 and ending August 8, 2010.

2. During the suspension the driver is prohibited from owning, driving, or otherwise participating in any NMRA or NMCA event held at any NHRA\IHRA member facility.

3. Upon his return, he must submit to, and pass, an entire vehicle teardown inspection before being permitted to make a qualifying run.

4. He will be placed on one-year technical probation, commencing on the first day of your return to racing and successful completion of a teardown inspection. Any technical violation during this probation period could result in additional penalties including further suspension of competition privileges or monetary fines.

The disqualification from the Nitto Tire NMRA Ford Nationals is not appealable. Should the party wish to appeal the remainder of this action, please consult page 44 of the 2008 NMRA Rulebook. There is a $300 filing fee for any appeal.

Promedia reiterates that there was absolutely NO proof established to support the statement that this driver and vehicle were illegally using nitrous oxide in conjunction with a turbocharger. The basis of this action is based solely on the refusal to cooperate with a formal protest and teardown request.

http://www.nmraracing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=359721#post359721

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
2 years!:eek:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Dayuuuum...Jarret I hope it was really worth it.

·
Monty Mikho's #1 fan
18,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The other 2 classes that had a dq for failing tech got 6 months.

Let this be a learning experience.
Dont run from tech.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
The other 2 classes that had a dq for failing tech got 6 months.

Let this be a learning experience.
Dont run from tech.
X2 on that comment. I think they wanted to make a point about playing in their sandbox. To bad for all parties involved. Black mark on some racers, black mark on some sponsors, NMRA loses some competitors, fans lost someone to watch. Bummer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I guess they figured that all out. Now they need to figure out a way to run the Atco event in full. I really don't think its going to happen. They've already posted points from the event.

·
Registered
399 Posts
SO what other classes can this guy run with that car.

Or are we gonna be seeing this car for sale cause theres nothing else he can do with it

·
aka OutlawChick
17,070 Posts
Jarret can't even go into the staging lanes or the starting line, from what that states.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Avoiding the tear down just makes you look guilty. There had to be some underhanded shit going on for him to decline the tear down process.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Jarret can't even go into the staging lanes or the starting line, from what that states.
Nope but he can be in the stands:)

Just speculation but i bet the car will be sold for a $1 and at the next race. Too bad it went down like this. Learn from our mistakes i guess.
At least the team from down south should be able to keep up in two years:)

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
Isn't he part of a team? Maybe he wants to keep whatever he was doing a secret for the rest of his team? Maybe what he had wasn't illegal in the rulebook but probably would have been once they discovered a possible loophole? Who knows. Jarrett certainly does and had his reasons to tell them no and leave.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Remember years back in the old NMCA when Kimmen's camaro
caught fire and they found a nitrous bottle in the fuel tank..?

not sure but, if I remember right..I don't think it was hooked up..
his crew said they only used it for match races..

anyway..he received some god-awful fine and suspension..
like 10 grand or more..I don't remember for sure..
anybody else have or remember the details..?

I've always thouight Bruce was a good dude..
what's he doing these days..?

·
Registered
867 Posts
The question I have is, will the car run worth a shit without said unsubstantiated cheating Device?

Also, would you guys agree that using NOS is just as illegal as denying the teardown. Seems to be one in the same to me.

·
Outrunning the Big Blocks
3,270 Posts
Nope but he can be in the stands:)

Just speculation but i bet the car will be sold for a $1 and at the next race. Too bad it went down like this. Learn from our mistakes i guess.
At least the team from down south should be able to keep up in two years:)
I have no dog in this hunt but
word that as,

"Sold for 1 dollar and other considerations"

I learned that from my old boss who is a real estate
mogul in the south.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I see it like this, if he wasn't cheating then why refuse the teardown? We've all seen those cars get torn down before. Pulling a fender aint as bad as pulling the engine...

1 - 20 of 130 Posts