Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recieved a traeger little tex elite grill as a wedding gift and would like some southern smoker recipes.

So far I have done a few briskets and ribs and can't complain but lets hear what you got ! Any Tips/Tricks are much appreciated !

Thanks,

Travis.

·
Sizeable Member
7,748 Posts
Smoked meatloaf, bologna chub, ABT's ( stuffed jalaps), my stuffed por loin. All good stuff that's you can find here in the cooking section.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Have you joined "Team Traeger" yet and downloaded the cookbook. I just did this morning and it looks pretty good. Might have to try a few things from it.

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
I got the cookbook when I bought our Traeger and it's chocked full of great recipes!!! We just made a from scratch chicken pot pie on it last weekend, very tastey and easy to make.

Only thing i recommend is putting HD aluminum foil over the metal pan under the grate and changing it after every session of cooking...i learned the hard way when I did some chicken with a rub and the juices naturally accumulated onto the aluminum foil and I did'nt replace it. Went to cook some ribs and the burn soot got onto the ribs making them look less desirable and it altered the taste a bit with the sooty smoke that baked onto it.

You'll love it and will never consider charcoal or propane ever again, using real wood pellets makes ALL the difference in the world.

Oh, we only cook our frozen pizza's on the grill after i threw one on the Traeger...took a rudy poo tombstone pizza and made it awesome with the wood flavor in the crust/cheese.

Same with corn on the cob, we personally like to cook the corn at the same time we're doing the meat (beef), the smoke from the wood pellets and the smoke of the cooking meat get into the corn and take that to a whole nother level as well.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I got the cookbook when I bought our Traeger and it's chocked full of great recipes!!! We just made a from scratch chicken pot pie on it last weekend, very tastey and easy to make.

As far as I can tell, this changed and it is now download only.... It looks like a decent book, although a lot of the recipes are centered on the Traeger brand rubs and sauces.

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
As far as I can tell, this changed and it is now download only.... It looks like a decent book, although a lot of the recipes are centered on the Traeger brand rubs and sauces.
Your correct, EVERYTHING in their cookbook is based on their rubs and sauces...good marketing on their part;) but you can easily substitute your own obviously. i've tried most of their stuff, rubs and sauces, and they are good, but not nearly justifible of the cost they want for it..they're goofy, but I tried them just the same, figure if I like a few, I'll buy them since I dont go through them in a day.

Overlook all the rub/sauces with their badge on it, the recipes are all fantastic even if you just use a roody poo weber or natural gas grill to cook things. I've personally never been good at creating recipes, but I love this book for a baseline and then modifying as my family and I see fit to please our palet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts