Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so let me hear your thoughts?

lots of problems early in the day, powers rolling his car, lots of breaking, couple spin outs. I give them that shit happens and it takes time.

now the complaints:

at 12:00am they had this left to run:
32 box cars
17 no box cars
XX top sportsman
xx top dragster
10.5 outlaw finals
rwub finals

Milan has a 12:00am curfew....BUT
how the hell even if it went flawless could you run all this if at 12:00am you still had this amount left? and why did you rent the track out and not start at 9am? this sucks ass! how can you hype an event and have no finals? hell they even had box/nobox buybacks on the schedule but had to cancel them early after all the on track delays.....

I get that you need filler classes and thats cool so bring them on... but to not even run two more passes for the finals....come on.....and then to not tell the fans or the racers.... people had to find out as the pist off spectators walked to the cars cursing.....

I was pist off as a spectator..great racing action (best event action wise milan has ever put on) poor time planning.... no finals?

I have defended the shit out of milan... but this was a sad day..... two biggest paid class and no finals... horrible. I run the UTL deal and if this bitching kills that for me its sad...but I am over it cuz I had to say this......
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Edited after a long night sleep

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
I agree! They cant even finish on time without rushing the racers on a regular friday night heads up event. Now they double the fields, add 3-4 more classes (including bracket racers) and they expect to get done with the race in 6 hours! So what do they do, they begin to rush the racers, giving a 30 min mandatory turn around time for the outlaw and run what you brung guys. And they wondered why they had 4-5 bye runs a round!

So, at 12 pm you end up with 50 guys at the tower splitting money. BULLSHIT. Whats the point of having these big purses when guys are going to split the money?

If they were smart, which milan isnt, theyd have had 1 qualifying session lastnight during their test and tune, or started the event this morning at 9 am instead of 12.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if it is a competition bye you have to run it as a bye run.... thats the rules on that one...

JG did you hear anything about the purses? are they splitting in any class?

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
I didnt hear about the purses, i left as all of the drivers were at the starting line talking.

I was kind of dissapointed, the crowd wasnt as big as a regular friday night heads up race, and the atmosphere wasnt as exciting. Ill blame that on the boring ass dragsters and bracket cars though.

Not to mention it was $20.00 a person, even for the girls.

What i meant about bye runs....in the 2nd or 3rd round of RWYB they were 4 cars short because they couldnt make the call. The announcers were being jerks over the PA saying, "YOU BETTER BE HERE NOW OR TOO BAD!" Giving these guys 30 min is a slap in the face. These event planners need to go watch what these crews do in between rounds. They must think you only fill up the gas tank. :roll:

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
Jg said:
I didnt hear about the purses, i left as all of the drivers were at the starting line talking.

I was kind of dissapointed, the crowd wasnt as big as a regular friday night heads up race, and the atmosphere wasnt as exciting. Ill blame that on the boring ass dragsters and bracket cars though.

I thought the same about the spectator turnout. The only good that comes out of the bracket racing is giving more time between rounds for the heads up classes

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
jsj372 said:
Jg said:

I thought the same about the spectator turnout. The only good that comes out of the bracket racing is giving more time between rounds for the heads up classes
I agree with the brackets giving more time....but their needs to be a limit. They shouldnt have allowed guys to run double duty. (top sportsman and box bracket, etc.)

·
crew member
10,333 Posts
Milans owners and track personal can all blow me. They are all rude assholes who cant even put on one damn race without screwing it up. Nice having a track rental on the same day as a big race with all 32 car fields. Greedy bunch of phucks. I heard more than a few racers say they were never coming back to milan.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
This race was put on as a test for future events. No one figured this many cars would show. Im sure modification will be made for next years event.. Also more payout.. :shock: :-D

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
This race was put on as a test for future events. No one figured this many cars would show. Im sure modification will be made for next years event.. Also more payout.. :shock: :-D
That sounds like some BS. They put up 5k and they didnt think this many heads up racers would show? Maybe they didnt realize how many boring bracket cars would show? Paying the bracket guys more 2500 to win and the all motor class 1,500, what a joke. Nobody comes to watch the bracket cars.

After running their regular friday night deal and barely finishing on time (while rushing the racers) with only 3 classes and 16 car fields, they should have known theyd need more time. Especially when you add 3 more classes, and double the fields. Not to mention you let people race multiple classes.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Notice everyone is saying this after the race? Milan has never put on a race like this one.. This is the very first on and I think it was well worth the cost of entry.. Dont belive me? Go to any race the other organizations put on.. then tell me about it :-D :-D

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
Notice everyone is saying this after the race? Milan has never put on a race like this one.. This is the very first on and I think it was well worth the cost of entry.. Dont belive me? Go to any race the other organizations put on.. then tell me about it :-D :-D
What are we supposed to do? Go up to the tower and complain? Then be thrown out without refund by the sherriff?

The point is, they knew what to expect. Look at the turnout they get when the purse is only $1,000 to win.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
No Im saying no one said anything here.. We all seen the flyers and none of us said "Holy shit this race will never work in 12 hours"...

1 - 20 of 135 Posts