Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
49,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for mourning and remembering tracks that are no more.....

·
Super Moderator
49,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Super Moderator
49,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Pin-Up Girl In Progress
29,117 Posts
FRANKTHECRANK has a personal connection to the Bob Johnson Racing Enterprises Camaros......(not this one, not a 2nd gen)

·
Super Moderator
49,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
49,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,464 Posts
Meadowdale Raceway in Carpentersville ,Illinois
This was a race track near where i grew up... Mostly known for road racing..but they had a drag strip on the long straight away....
My father in law raced one of his Mopars there...
I snuck into the property with one of my cars in the early 80's and made a pass down the 1/4 mile... had to dodge a bunch of tumble weeds but it was a rush...and highly illegal... lol

·
Aviation Section
24,879 Posts
That must an early artists rendering of the plan. The track ran the other way (like shown on the overlay) and the tower would be at the far left side.
I actually flew out there in 1979 from Miami for a track rental when I worked at Eastern to watch Pee Wee Gleeson ride the American Turbo Pack GS, the guys on the left coast had it so good with all the tracks that were there! Dave

·
Aviation Section
24,879 Posts
We lost Miami-Hollywood Speedway so that they could build some condos on the property, we used to go every Friday night. I don't have a photo bucket account and don't want one, maybe someone can post some pictures. It had been there since 1966.

Jerry and Darrell Gwynn raced their Baby Huey Funny car there (they were locals) along with Lil' John's Funny Car and a whole bunch of door slammers like us, great track and great swap meets, those were the days! The last drag race there was in December of 1992, the place was packed for the send off!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami-Hollywood_Motorsports_Park

Dave

1 - 20 of 77 Posts