21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I went ahead and got this 69 nova in ca this weekend. I am going to be ordering a McAmis full chassis for the 68-72 nova this week. That will be the first step. Where would be the best place to post our build progress. Going to be getting all of the fixturing for my table set up as well for this one.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Sounds like you're well on your way. The build section is a great place to show off the progress, What's the plan for a powerplant?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Man you are full steam ahead, good score on your future race car brother. Keep us in the loop while you build it !

Steve

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Man that a good start. I wish I would've known you would consider a nova cause I have a 72 nova that's a roller with no motor or trans but has a cage and is in damn good shape I would have sold ya. Cheap! Lol. Definitely get a build thread started in the Build section and I will be looking forward to updates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks brothers! Almost have the body off. And stripped....Ya I’m definitely wide open when I build. Start to end. As far as our first power plant. In desert. We have a spec trophy truck class that runs a 525hp ls3. So I have lots of those available. I’m going to start with a very built one with a single turbo. Which hoping to put us around the 1200 range.... That will get my feet wet. and learn. After I feel good with that. We will put in a real engine. Build thread progress coming soon.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Thanks brothers! Almost have the body off. And stripped....Ya I’m definitely wide open when I build. Start to end. As far as our first power plant. In desert. We have a spec trophy truck class that runs a 525hp ls3. So I have lots of those available. I’m going to start with a very built one with a single turbo. Which hoping to put us around the 1200 range.... That will get my feet wet. and learn. After I feel good with that. We will put in a real engine. Build thread progress coming soon.
If you intend to Bracket Race or Index Race go with a Pro Charger , due to the fact trying to get a Turbo car to consistently repeat can be challenging ! IMOP

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
OP, ever hear of Bobby Dodrill? He made the switch from dirt drag racing to asphalt drag racing, except he retained his 4wd in the process. It's been a huge learning curve for him, but he has made progress over the years. Obviously you're not going to use 4wd, but thought you'd find his truck interesting nonetheless.Tons of info available about Bobby and his truck on the internet. He's also a member here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
OP, ever hear of Bobby Dodrill? He made the switch from dirt drag racing to asphalt drag racing, except he retained his 4wd in the process. It's been a huge learning curve for him, but he has made progress over the years. Obviously you're not going to use 4wd, but thought you'd find his truck interesting nonetheless.Tons of info available about Bobby and his truck on the internet. He's also a member here.

Dannng that truck is a mad man....looks killer. I do not know him...But his truck looks awesome. I have the body skinned. The chassis kit is being processed. Work has been very busy so with a race coming up in two weeks. I definitely look forward to getting going.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts