Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm all hard on a camera. I strung together some shots of the abuse and it turned out pretty cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85O9fMpRA1E
I've had/needed only 3 cameras over the last quarter of a century. I still have the other two. I bond with cameras like I do cars and this one is no exception:

fully modded, of course. ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it's the FX-1.
I love it. got it at the end of '04, started shootin Moddin' Art and have shot over 100 hours on it.
played everyone of those hours out of it too!
it's a work horse. I have a couple of presets I gravitate to and then tweek on the fly. It's all I really have to do with it.
...at least until post-production. I always color correct every shot anyway. To me, it's not color correction at all... it's color creativity.

You'll note the added light and the wireless lav reciever. I keep the wireless mounted at all times as this cuts my hook up time in half if I need to mic somebody in the field. See that little cable comeing from it? I just plug that part in, clip the talent and turn it on.

It's mounted with a mic mount I stole off of a cheezy little A/B mixer. It slides off for battery replacement and it's inverted so I have access to the on/off switch.

Stop laughing. Man, I need light sometimes and this velcro special does the trick. I gelled it because it's harsh and was too blue. This scotch tape patch job does exactly what I needed.

and look, it's convertible for those really dark shots!

I travel a lot and because I removed the view-finder, I can tote this badboy on any plane in a regular duffle bag. It's greatly reduced size also reduces deer in the headlights syndrome from people not use to cameras. I'm just a dude with a camcorder like this.

I lose nothing by losing the viewfinder because I use the LCD screen without exeption. I'm far-sighted so I can actually mount the camera on the front of my shoulder and kind of leeeaaan back when shooting talking heads. Works awesome for stabilization.
You'll see me use that top handle a lot too. If shooting action, I'm usually under-handed.
Camera still weighs less than 5 lbs as-is. I can shoot for 18 hours straight without so much as a sore arm the next day.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice setup, you shoot much HD? We shoot everything in HD then down convert in the NLE to SD, I also use presets but color correct if need be, we use a Canon HV20 along with the A1 and the color match is very close with outside shots, inside is another story.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spit everything out SD so I shoot 1080i and just have the camera concert it to 720 letterboxed. This saves me a render later.
I can do HD, I edit on an Avid Adrenaline HD system:

I never have billed for HD. All of my clients are SD and most are still betaSP. I do a lot of commercials, comporate videos... stuff like that.
it pays the bills.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Grin, what happened with the TV show deal? I voted for you back when you were running a poll.

Then Freiburger was said to be looking for a cam dude and was in touch with ya..

I was expecting to see you on TV not long after all that.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
man, I am still pluggin' away at it:
http://ModdinArt.com/pilot.wmv
SPEED is taking at look at it for the 4th time now. I have it in front of 3 networks at this time as well. It won't be long.
ratchthead, thats an old Kamaraska Etude.
I had never heard of it either lol
It's the only quitar I have ever had that survived pawn shops over the yeras. Anything good I had went away at some point or another and that old soft-stringed, phat-necked calssic now has some miles on it. Easy on the fingers.
If ya listen to certain Moddin' Art clips... you juuust may hear some mellow acoustic sometimes. ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
man, I am still pluggin' away at it:
http://ModdinArt.com/pilot.wmv
SPEED is taking at look at it for the 4th time now. I have it in front of 3 networks at this time as well. It won't be long.
ratchthead, thats an old Kamaraska Etude.
I had never heard of it either lol
It's the only quitar I have ever had that survived pawn shops over the yeras. Anything good I had went away at some point or another and that old soft-stringed, phat-necked calssic now has some miles on it. Easy on the fingers.
If ya listen to certain Moddin' Art clips... you juuust may hear some mellow acoustic sometimes. ;)
Best of luck with it...My old man (of all people) LOVES your vids..because you are a real deal dude.
((Top Gear uses a similar format..and gets 350 MILLION viewers each sunday..Seinfeld got 75 mill in their hayday))
Remind them of that..

The cream rises to the top..you'll get a show somewhere
:cool:

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Just watched the trailer...

Killer..but from a feedback standpoint, I'd axe the drift/hogan stuff. It should be about you being a normal car guy with a camera and killer footage/shots/integration. Not that stuff..I actually wouldn't incorporate any import style stuff..its oldschool and dated now.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i take that without disagreement.
I do like the laid back stuff more than the big natl event coverage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts