Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone ever pull the plugs to find 1 look brand new? No heat on the strap at all. The other 7 look good. Have a few street hits on them and about 100 miles. SBF cylinder 5. It is holley efi, crank sensor only. Cylinder has spark also. I pulled the injector plug off of #5 and there was very little change in idle. Pulled it off of #6 and there was a very noticeable difference. Put the #5 injector plug on the #6 injector, back to normal. Could it be the injector isn't completely flowing the correct fuel or any fuel for that matter? Went over all the wiring, made sure it was all correct back to the ecu. Car starts fine, idles good and feels strong so I am kind of confused whats going on.All cylinders have good compression. Last time I changed the plugs they were all pretty even for the most part. With a temp gun 1" from the head all cylinders were 380-480 degrees at idle except for the clean plug. That one was 200. Already removed all the injectors to get them checked out just wanted to see what you guys thought.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Happen to me, took inj out, took a rubber tipped blow gun to outlet side blew some air, inj was stuck, i have egts so now I look at temps everytime i run car

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The injector is plugged or not opening for some reason. The intake valve not opening could technically cause that as well but that is a lot less likely theory than the injector not spraying fuel for whatever reason.

Any injected motor MUST have a post filter and it needs to be in the 10-20micron area to be effective. Otherwise you can and will have injector issues at some point.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happen to me, took inj out, took a rubber tipped blow gun to outlet side blew some air, inj was stuck, i have egts so now I look at temps everytime i run car
I blew some air in it and brownish fuel came out so iam sure they are all real dirty. Sending them to Eric and he is going to lean and flow them.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The injector is plugged or not opening for some reason. The intake valve not opening could technically cause that as well but that is a lot less likely theory than the injector not spraying fuel for whatever reason.

Any injected motor MUST have a post filter and it needs to be in the 10-20micron area to be effective. Otherwise you can and will have injector issues at some point.
The valves were all adjusted correctly but I was leaning towards the injector. Compression is still good in all holes also. It does have pre and post filters. I don't recall what micron though. I will check them this weekend. Thanks guys. Still can't figure out how I didn't notice a power loss. Noticed a very minor one but figured it was weather related, was 85-90 degrees and humid last few rides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts