Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my current motor that im running NA and am looking to use as many parts as possible but go either turbo or procharger. Looking to see if anyone has done something similar to what im trying to do.

I have a Bryant 3.33 crank with Carillo 5.62 rods and an Arias flat top piston. I want to get the compresson down enough to run boost. Can i get a piston to last with a .925 compression height in a boosted application?

If i have to i will swap the rods out for a 5.4 length, but i would like to try and use the carillo.

This is a street driven car that will see about 25-30 passes a year. Ive talked to two piston manufacturers and one told me it can be done, the other said no way, just looking for other opinions. Also would the long rod motor perform better or worse than a short rod?

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
.925 ch ?? sound like a recipe for failures

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
NO NO NO don't let them talk you into a .925ch cuz all that is just B.S. Where would you even put the rings at? just a bad idea all together imo.

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
:rolleyes: skip the second ring maybe, but the piston isn't going to have enough meat around the pin to stay in its proper shape at full power.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up, talked to my builder and he said no way, im just going to end up trying to sell the carillos and get a 5.4 rod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts