Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know the rule of thumb is to put a O2 Sensor higher than 9 & 3 o'clock and I have, but I'm about to get my down pipe ceramic coated and my sensor is currently after the first vband and so if I decide to run the car with out mufflers I will lose my weld in bung, so I wanted to weld one into the dump pipe but problem is the only place I can fit it is on a downward section of pipe ( back of turbo has a 90deg bend and shoots straight down) and to complicate things the waste gate dumps back just before the vband where I would drop the rest of the exhaust.

1. Should I read O2 after where the waste gate plumbs back to the exhaust or does thing not effect readings? (I assume not since most dump waste gates to atmosphere)

2. Can I place the sensor in a downward part of the pipe, trying as best as I can to keep condensation trickling over it from gravity.

Car runs e85 if that makes a diff

·
Registered
16,506 Posts
02 should be approx 18" min. from the turbo outlet, but not too close to the end of the pipe. If you need to have it on a vertical tube, trying to get the pig tail pointing upwards. I would shoot for a min of 15* up from horizontal. Your trying to allow the 02 to drain when it gets condensation in it.

·
AMP Racing member
3,477 Posts
An add on question.

I've seen pretty much all O2s plumbed into the down pipe. What is the reasoning for not putting one on each hot side prior to the merge into the turbo?

·
Registered
300 Posts
An add on question.

I've seen pretty much all O2s plumbed into the down pipe. What is the reasoning for not putting one on each hot side prior to the merge into the turbo?
I began doing this. You have to use a newer sensor and have to have pressure compensation for it to work correctly. The reason most don’t do this is because of the pressure and the heat in that location. There are a couple company’s I believe that are making this possible.

·
AMP Racing member
3,477 Posts
Thanks. I assumed heat and/or pressure must have something to do with it. But, I also figured that some smart people likely found a workaround.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts