Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my methanol enderle injected 6-71 blown sbc race engine do you all recommend EGT gauge or O2 sensors for air/fuel ratio? I am ordering one or other but cannot afford both this week so your input would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
295 Posts
a lot of people will tell you egt's can lie , if your heavily retarded in the timing department the fuel will go unburn and burn in trhe pipes and giving you false data on your logger ,

but then there is the AFR problem of only being an average from bank to bank , .... unless you run one in each pipe , then that will give you true data

Dan

EDIT in saying that , we run a pro mod team over here , and all a lot (not all ) but a lot of them still run egt's... i think theyre good but as long asyour not too far away with tune up data etc...

see what others have to say

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Short answer o2s,
Both have there place EGTs are in my view more for seeing a cylinder going away,as theres no set figure for what the temp should be,ie 1300-1500f,o2 is a big help in getting near the tune up quicker,if you can afford it go for a rpm related O2.
The spark plugs tell the whole story,so EGTs and O2s are an aid..in a tune.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was looking at a dual o2 sensor rpm related setup. Think I going that way. I do plan in future putting all out data logging system on car with per cylinder read outs. But for now money says you gotta wait for that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts