Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon me because this will sound confusing because it is hard to esplain with out pics.
Anyone have issues with the size of the open spacer being to small and blocking flow from the carburator and/or having a 1/16-1/8 inch to small to use spacer on top of it ? The hole tapers down even smaller so the gas /nitrous ports can exit into the plenum of the manifold. What a ODD design for a halo/perimeter plate. It is not like the Zex plate at all. I dont even know if I shold run it as is, or remachine the spacer to blend it with a open spacer and manifold.

·
Registered
480 Posts
From what i can gather you're talking about the 4150 plate? , it worked pretty well when i used it although i agree it tapers down some , i can't see as you can machine that plate due to the nitrous holes sitting pretty close to the upper edge of recess.

4500 plate is a better design.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
have you test fired it? i was looking at mine domi style, just picked it up, and had some questions about where it was going to go. here is a video :) looks good! the reason I checked the solenoid temp is, i had fired it earlier with weak battery and the solenoid felt too warm. i did this test the next day after charging the batt. (the solenoid draws close to 30 amps.) and it was fine.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The plate that i am using is a 4150 plate. Sorry I should have said that earlier. I can remachine mine and hold a close tolerance. But the position of the nitrous channel is a major concern.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
pretty small i think the 150s id have to look. any advice for this plate? any lower pressure advice?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
1050 bottle too? no pressure drop? thanks im moving from a big shot bbecause of the sv1 requires 1.75 of spacer to work. i wanted to get rid of spacers.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how thick is your plate? I have two stage 6 plates, one for alcohol and one for gas. The gas one is .75 thick and the alcohol one is 1.0. they both suffer from the same problem though:( Wish I knew about "IS" before I spent a fortune on this stuff. CMAFR:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts