Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
509 Posts
Its all about the Benjamins...

or the Queens if you are from Canada!

Who on this board would like to place a financial wager on the the time frame of the rules announcements?

Name your wager, name your odds and lets see who wants to come out and play!

DECEMBER/NOT!!!

· Registered
509 Posts
Jim Monson said:
Rules "announcements" or final rules and schedule? I'll bet we get some kind of statement before Stanton but nothing concrete. Sorry Camp. I just don't care any more.
Jim
We been friends awhile now and I understand that mistakes were made but the continuous nasty-ass comments get to me sometimes!
The 5000 fans at Milan that became 15000, the where can i sign up to race at the NMCA, the 200 heads up cars at MG that were only 100+ and the bracket cars, count the qualifying lists. I was there...
Makes me no never mind where half of these dipsticks who never even are going to front a car race.
Just that if you dont have something constructive to offer or a legitimate gripe then shut the phuck up! This comment is not geared to you, the idiots know who they are!
Lets just see if the NSCA comes through...
My money is on Tony!

· Registered
509 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
Camp Stanley said:
The 5000 fans at Milan that became 15000, the where can i sign up to race at the NMCA, the 200 heads up cars at MG that were only 100+ and the bracket cars, count the qualifying lists. I was there...
Since this was a direct hit at me I will respond. The reason I am not racing this year is because my plans to move to super street were made easier when my class was changed. I was forced into a decision of spending $15,000 on carbon fiber goodies, engine improvements, light weight windows, convertor changes, rear axle gears and a few others Im sure I am missing. Or I could take the chicken shit way out and say "phuck it I will change to super street this season". My plans were to race super modified as the car sat last season and collect parts for the conversion this season. Im sorry I have to work for a living and the money I make and spend is important to me. Funny how you guys all have your little stabs about this website. But my stab back is it was enough to make you guys have a meeting to regroup and understand why we are/were pissed!! I think that contributes more than the fan club that continues to compliment an organization that was on a downward spiral..
Monty
Sorry, Charlie
This was not a direct hit at you, per se. BUT it was a broadside at all those who think they know best!
As for your racing career and your own car, I know it takes time to build and field a competitive car. I was doing it when you were learning to read and write! What and how you do it is none of my concern. Kudos to you for doing a lot of it yourself. A lot of internet racers can only dream of what you are doing!
Suppose you clarify "you guys" to me. Let me tell you something, if I have something to say to you I will do it in a pm or in person, not in a public forum, UNLESS there is a reason, as I did at Milan!
As for "The Meeting" it was scheduled long before it became public knowledge. Am I a cheerleader for the NSCA, yes I am. I was brought up to "dance with those that brung ya"! Does it mean that I agree 100% with some of the decisions that were made? No it doesn't, but guess what, I didn't get a vote. Just because I chose Pat and Randy to build us a car (just as you did) that I can trust my son in does not mean that I am "on the inside". If I was we would be #1 and Marc would be #2!
Enough of this petty BS, we all want the same things, the best places to race, the best purses to race for and the best people to race with. Do you consider yourself in this group? I think you may, but no one BB on the web is gonna change the world!
Scott Sparrow made an interesting comment at Maple Grove on Saturday; "people who really give a damn!". That is what is going to make the difference!
Deal with it!

· Registered
509 Posts
Monty

We all seem to have come out on the short end of the proverbial stick over something at some point in time. I also realize that it is hard for some of the racers to not get pissed off over decisions that were made. Do I think Marc Dantoni should have gotten 50 lbs for a phucking Willys body? No way but he still got it. Because it was what it was!
I also know that some of these "un-named" officials have the people skills of a brick sometimes and that is one of the things that needs to be corrected. You do not get and keep good, bad and indifferent racers (all racers, none the less) by belittling them! Anyone can be a dick, just read some of the BB's and there they are, hell they are everywhere! It takes a real person to stand up be counted.

Wonder where all the betting people are with their Benjamins or their Queens?

· Registered
509 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
BTW, I am taking a hard look at PRO. The rules there seem to be consistant and the classes seem to be stable. That's not to say they will not change anytime soon. But I would rather take a risk in my investment with an organization with a history of stability than one with a bad track histroy. Kind of like shopping for a bank to put your money... No bash here just my opinion..
Monty

All the racers need to take a look at their options, but PRO can and will change their rules in a heartbeat as well. Ask any of the blown cars in Pro Street and see what they tell you. Does this sound familiar: These are the new rules and they are being changed because of...
Aw, you dont like the new rules Keith and Brian and Steve and you, our very own Mr World Champion? Sorry those be the new rules, we need the nitrous cars to be competitive.
This is not a slam at PRO by any stretch of the imagination. I know no one over there with the exception of Scott Sparrow and they dont know me from a bucket of soap. It is just that ALL organizations will change their rules to best benefit them.
The sad thing about it is that there are not enough cars to support two "traveling circuses"!

· Registered
509 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
I will take you up on the bet for $100 with a 10000000 to 1 odd in my favor. I will vote that only shady rules and a lot of IF ANDS AND BUTS with in the release statements. Im in!! :-D
Okay so if I understand you correctly if the new rules are fairly well put out and a close schedule is annouced you will pay me ten million dollars plus the original $100?
BUt if they dont I have to pay you ten bucks?
I'm in!

· Registered
509 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
Camp, I think you are agreeing with me on a lot of stuff here. I could care less about the little rinky dink rule changes with 10#'s here 20#'s there. But when a class is forced to make 200# changes and the only changes that can be made cost in the sum of $15,000 its a little different. I just got the car redone last season!! The cost wasn't the cost of a 50# lead weight bar. I redid my motor program along with a whole new chassis. Its costed some major coin!! Now Im asked to dump another $15,000 into the car to continue trying to keep up? Lets be realistic here..

Also the bad attitudes that are aimed towards me are sent right back with a direct hit face to face and my mind on these bulletin boards!! Its the way I do things!! But I was told by some of these very same people that no one reads this crap. So why do they care so much? :-D
Monty

I most definitely agree with and understand the frustrations of you and the rest of the guys whose cars were made POS' s or worse yet "garage queens" over the stroke of a pen. It may not have been a well thought out decision but its done now. There will be those who will never come back to the NSCA over this and you may very well be one of them. Bit at least they are going to try and fix the phuckup, so I am told.

As to why they care so much, maybe you need to look deep into that black heart all accuse you of having (I think its a front) and ask yourself why would Tony Depillo put himself thorugh this? Trust me, I know it aint for the money! Because there aint none! Back me up here Mr Biggs, ya been awful quiet so far...

· Registered
509 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
Camp Stanley said:
Monty Mikho said:
I will take you up on the bet for $100 with a 10000000 to 1 odd in my favor. I will vote that only shady rules and a lot of IF ANDS AND BUTS with in the release statements. Im in!! :-D
Okay so if I understand you correctly if the new rules are fairly well put out and a close schedule is annouced you will pay me ten million dollars plus the original $100?
BUt if they dont I have to pay you ten bucks?
I'm in!
Nice try Camp. Not to be negative here (Im sure everyone will look at it that way anyway) I think a rough format will be announced but nothing offical. Then we will look for some updates over the months to come.
Howz it go?
"We shall see what we shall see."
I gotta get to bed, I'm an ole dude, remember?
Shit I could turn into a punkin or something...

· Registered
509 Posts
Bob Curran said:
Camp, you don't want to be calling Mrs Squarepants a dipstick now! how it should have read was just shy of200 (actually 191 total) cars to race in the PRO race, yes that includes Open Comp, NMC, True Street and the other regular programs PRO puts on, the bracket deal for Sunday was not included in those numbers, Pro Street had 17 cars that filled out tech cards but with only 1 run it showed 15 that made it down the track. that is pretty good turn out if you look at all the other org's Pro Street/Pro 5.0 classes. Not busting ball here, but I did tell Mrs Squarepants those numbers, must not have got the heads up part right. you know that whole husband/wife communication thing.. someone said you came over but i was not around. See you in Stanton
Bob

I told myself that I was done with this thread, but i just can't "give up" now!

The first thing I would ask you is who in his right mind would call ANY woman a dipstick, especially one he doesn't know? "The wrath of God" comes to mind here. My numbers came from Scott' s qualifying sheets that were posted for the whole world to see. Pro Street actually had 17 cars down the race track, one who left before the tree was activated and one who did not make it all the way down. Its no never mind to me how many cars PRO did or did not have, it was the general "everything is better elsewhere" comments that even caused me to do something I try to never do, get involoved in a BB war of words. To Mr Mikho' s credit he was 110% rational and sane in our lil back and forth.

Tell the infamous Mrs Squarepants, no offense meant, none taken.The dipstick comment was below the 200 car comment. Yes I did come by to say hello but of course you were out somehere "stylin'"!

Camp

· Registered
509 Posts
RFC said:
Mr.Budd,I've never met you,I'm crew member on a pro street team in PRO,I work nights and weekends on a racecar and your statement about " clipping wings" is exactly the reason why most pro street guys won't come race with your org. Having been around racecars most of my life I don't know why you cater your rules to two racers?When Steve King told me that you said," You can come race with us,but if you go fast,were gonna take weight off Marc" I said no way he said that.But I see it's true!!! What about when Mike Castilano went almost 3 tenths quicker than John Stanley in La.,No weight break for him! I have not had the pleasure of being introduced to Camp and John Stanley,but there alot more tolorant than my driver and I would be! Take a step back and look,It isn't only the racers that see all of this,It's the fans too!!!! :)
Mr RFC

Must work on a lil turbo pickup, huh?

I just had this very conversation with Mr Budd today. He said he did not mention Mr Dantoni specifically in his conversation with Steve. Do I agree or disagree with Pat's rules philosophy? Not in all of them for sure! But as Jim Monson said some time back "How about no rule book at all? " We all know that wont work.

As for the "almost 3/10ths" in LA. It most definitely may have been that in qualifying, because we couldn't hit our ass with both hands on Sat! Must have been the five months off. But Sunday was a completely different story. First round we went a .56 and Shannon Jenkins went a .49 I believe. We ran Shannon in the semis and he went a .48 and we were door handle to door handle with him at the 1/8th mile when we broke a blower belt! No need to be jumping on the organization when we cant do our job.

If you are be in The Big "O" in October, please come by and say hello.

Camp

· Registered
509 Posts
[/quote]Camp, I was being a smart ass. When was the last time the NSCA actually printed a rule book? :smt005[/quote]

Jim

You being a smart ass, no way, say it aint so!

See there you go again, blaming stuff on people. There was one printed back in 1996, I do believe! But what about all the people who are telling us "the internet is it, the internet is it"?

I just singled your response our because it was appropriate. We all gotta have some kinda rules.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.