Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any leaked info about the new NSCA? Specifically targeting S/S.... If things are changing....again, I'd really like to get started on the new engine. If I have to wait until December to get the rules, we may as well not even race.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Drag Radial

From what has been told to me DR is one of those classes that is on the chopping block

But after some of the car counts & BS that would not be a surprise.

I quess the new car will be outlaw only, since E.T. & MPH seem to be an issue !

·
Registered
509 Posts
Its all about the Benjamins...

or the Queens if you are from Canada!

Who on this board would like to place a financial wager on the the time frame of the rules announcements?

Name your wager, name your odds and lets see who wants to come out and play!

DECEMBER/NOT!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Rules "announcements" or final rules and schedule? I'll bet we get some kind of statement before Stanton but nothing concrete. Sorry Camp. I just don't care any more.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Jim Monson said:
Rules "announcements" or final rules and schedule? I'll bet we get some kind of statement before Stanton but nothing concrete. Sorry Camp. I just don't care any more.
Jim
We been friends awhile now and I understand that mistakes were made but the continuous nasty-ass comments get to me sometimes!
The 5000 fans at Milan that became 15000, the where can i sign up to race at the NMCA, the 200 heads up cars at MG that were only 100+ and the bracket cars, count the qualifying lists. I was there...
Makes me no never mind where half of these dipsticks who never even are going to front a car race.
Just that if you dont have something constructive to offer or a legitimate gripe then shut the phuck up! This comment is not geared to you, the idiots know who they are!
Lets just see if the NSCA comes through...
My money is on Tony!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Camp Stanley said:
Jim Monson said:
Jim
We been friends awhile now and I understand that mistakes were made but the continuous nasty-ass comments get to me sometimes!
The 5000 fans at Milan that became 15000, the where can i sign up to race at the NMCA, the 200 heads up cars at MG that were only 100+ and the bracket cars, count the qualifying lists. I was there...
Makes me no never mind where half of these dipsticks who never even are going to front a car race.
Just that if you dont have something constructive to offer or a legitimate gripe then shut the phuck up! This comment is not geared to you, the idiots know who they are!
Lets just see if the NSCA comes through...
My money is on Tony!
:smt023

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Camp Stanley said:
Since this was a direct hit at me I will respond. The reason I am not racing this year is because my plans to move to super street were made easier when my class was changed. I was forced into a decision of spending $15,000 on carbon fiber goodies, engine improvements, light weight windows, convertor changes, rear axle gears and a few others Im sure I am missing. Or I could take the chicken shit way out and say "phuck it I will change to super street this season". My plans were to race super modified as the car sat last season and collect parts for the conversion this season. Im sorry I have to work for a living and the money I make and spend is important to me. Funny how you guys all have your little stabs about this website. But my stab back is it was enough to make you guys have a meeting to regroup and understand why we are/were pissed!! I think that contributes more than the fan club that continues to compliment an organization that was on a downward spiral..

·
Registered
509 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
Camp Stanley said:
Since this was a direct hit at me I will respond. The reason I am not racing this year is because my plans to move to super street were made easier when my class was changed. I was forced into a decision of spending $15,000 on carbon fiber goodies, engine improvements, light weight windows, convertor changes, rear axle gears and a few others Im sure I am missing. Or I could take the chicken shit way out and say "phuck it I will change to super street this season". My plans were to race super modified as the car sat last season and collect parts for the conversion this season. Im sorry I have to work for a living and the money I make and spend is important to me. Funny how you guys all have your little stabs about this website. But my stab back is it was enough to make you guys have a meeting to regroup and understand why we are/were pissed!! I think that contributes more than the fan club that continues to compliment an organization that was on a downward spiral..
Monty
Sorry, Charlie
This was not a direct hit at you, per se. BUT it was a broadside at all those who think they know best!
As for your racing career and your own car, I know it takes time to build and field a competitive car. I was doing it when you were learning to read and write! What and how you do it is none of my concern. Kudos to you for doing a lot of it yourself. A lot of internet racers can only dream of what you are doing!
Suppose you clarify "you guys" to me. Let me tell you something, if I have something to say to you I will do it in a pm or in person, not in a public forum, UNLESS there is a reason, as I did at Milan!
As for "The Meeting" it was scheduled long before it became public knowledge. Am I a cheerleader for the NSCA, yes I am. I was brought up to "dance with those that brung ya"! Does it mean that I agree 100% with some of the decisions that were made? No it doesn't, but guess what, I didn't get a vote. Just because I chose Pat and Randy to build us a car (just as you did) that I can trust my son in does not mean that I am "on the inside". If I was we would be #1 and Marc would be #2!
Enough of this petty BS, we all want the same things, the best places to race, the best purses to race for and the best people to race with. Do you consider yourself in this group? I think you may, but no one BB on the web is gonna change the world!
Scott Sparrow made an interesting comment at Maple Grove on Saturday; "people who really give a damn!". That is what is going to make the difference!
Deal with it!

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Wow I had something else in mind but let me explain. ..

One should wonder why the customers are pissed. Its not a few people but a bunch. This should show the organization that what choices were made over the years costed a lot of people money and lost time from work. It seems a group is always targeted at fault for their short commings. I for one am not one of them people as I was told that I never contributed anything to the NSCA with my short 2.5 years of racing with them. I like looking at it the other way and try to understand why one would be upset within the 2.5 short years.

A little story here. I trailered my car all the way to NY and worked on it for 3 days with little to no sleep. I could not find anyone who wanted to take the 3 days off of work or school so I went by myself. I thrashed for the weekend, put up shit numbers (as usual) and trailered my junk back home only to spend a full week on the garage floor looking at places to improve some stuff. Count that as 2.5 weeks of missed work as I took off the week before to get stuff ready for the Cecil race. I waved the NSCA banner probably more than anyone around. Now Im upset and Im told to shut up when I try to talk about it!! So cool.. but dont ask for honest input if you are not looking for it (Camp Im talking about a specific offical of the NSCA here)

I have put up and have started a lot of posts here trying to help with input for the NSCA. They were seen as bashes and most everyone here seen it as constructive input. But when we were not heard we turned to bashing. Its the way things work when you are asked to be heard and told to shut up when you talk...

Anyway, I can go on for hours (again obviously) but the more I talk the more upset I get about it. So I just want a place to race that will make me happy and make me feel like my little POS means something. I worked as hard as the next guy. But am knocked for not making more races. I would like the person who made this statement to look back to the date I started with the NSCA and count the races made compared to the races not made and please post up if you have any fuckin balls at all!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Monty

We all seem to have come out on the short end of the proverbial stick over something at some point in time. I also realize that it is hard for some of the racers to not get pissed off over decisions that were made. Do I think Marc Dantoni should have gotten 50 lbs for a phucking Willys body? No way but he still got it. Because it was what it was!
I also know that some of these "un-named" officials have the people skills of a brick sometimes and that is one of the things that needs to be corrected. You do not get and keep good, bad and indifferent racers (all racers, none the less) by belittling them! Anyone can be a dick, just read some of the BB's and there they are, hell they are everywhere! It takes a real person to stand up be counted.

Wonder where all the betting people are with their Benjamins or their Queens?

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
BTW, I am taking a hard look at PRO. The rules there seem to be consistant and the classes seem to be stable. That's not to say they will not change anytime soon. But I would rather take a risk in my investment with an organization with a history of stability than one with a bad track histroy. Kind of like shopping for a bank to put your money... No bash here just my opinion..

1 - 20 of 91 Posts