well since I have been building the car I have been attending as a spectator.
this weekend in milan really was kinda disapointing. we have seen milan JAM packed on 10.5 friday night events.... and then I get to NSCA and see NOBODY in the stands, was it the heat?, was it the downriver cruise? was is pro at 131?,....perhaps but whats the difference. 10.5 race is less cars and slower cars....
Honestly I was kinda bummed at the crowd this weekend, I think alot of the reason is cuz I have seen that place packed on friday nights.... Hell I think my import/domestic races at milan has more people just watching.
he is my comments as a spectator from the weekend:
1. classes... zero explination about the classes, your average joe knows nothing about what he is seeing
2. down time, the sunday down time is absolutly needed for cool down, so why not open the doors to local bracket racers for extra cash and fill in racing, not sure what time you have the place rented till but milan can is allow to run according to the noise ordinace till 11:00pm
3. Car counts.......sat was a way better show just becuase you saw more cars go down the track.... this is not the orginizations fault but more cars = more people = more stuff to actually "spectate"
4. Advertisement/reqruting... especially in the local area there are so many cars that could have competed this weekend...there are tons of local EFI cars and thats an index class....all the local 10.5 milan regulars where were they?.......
5. kinda comes from #4 is the NSCA membership + $125 entry really worth the money your actually able to win if your only coming out for the northen 1/2 say milan/stanton/columbus
6. I agree tho compare this event of faster and more cars then the local 10.5 race and I bet you the local 10.5 race makes way more money and its not becuase of the extra entry fees its the packed grandstands.....
NSCA $20 to watch
10.5 $10 to watch
guess I am going to have to get some 10.5 tires so I can have more people ooogle over the car and I can save money on gas and hotels by racing 10 min from the house.
a thought that hit me when I was in the pits this weekend......wow doesn't Musi get tired of this one competitor crap, I mean in all honesty I would be looking elsewhere just to have fun again...I think that is what happened to randy ekins... he was bored of being unchallenged so when 5.0 racing.....
I fell in love with tis program the first race I attended, the cars are some of the coolest and most unique around and I love seeing them blaze the 1/4 that is why I made sure we were building to a class rule book....I deffently do not want anything to happen to this series.
I will be on an internet recruting trip for stanton.... I know we can get more EFI/AM racers there at least.